It actually worked!!

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Re: It actually worked!!

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 8:42

Another positive information is that after putting there ACSS, shin bone problem simply disappears ;)
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 9:18

Abrax, still haven't got acss springs-theyve not arrived :(
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 9:23

This is weird. Really weird. I don't know what to say. Seems that shipping this with our post offices is a real lottery. I'm sorry.

The parcel was shipped 21st of March! It's 13th day! Should be at most 5 days.

PS: To anybody interested in how this has ended: The parcel has arrived on Tuesday 10th of April after 21 days from being shipped.
www.carvingskills.com

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 14:17

Abrax please can you find out who your shipping office used as a shipper/carrier in uk, then i can contact the uk side.

You still have not answered my pm, re did you give out my email address
to your shipper?

I appreciate your comments but saying sorry is not helping me.
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 16:43

All I can say is that we have to wait for the post office. I can do nothing with this. There is no place for the e-mail address when shipping parcels. I'm sorry that I didn't answer this question.

PS: To anybody interested in how this has ended: The parcel has arrived on Tuesday 10th of April after 21 days from being shipped.
www.carvingskills.com

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 21:08

Abrax, as i asked in above post can you find out which uk carrier your shipper uses? So that i can try and find out where there is a communication problem. Is there any reason why you have not done this?

I have waited 2 weeks and you want to do nothing to help resolve? Very strange way to conduct business abrax. :naughty:

At least you have (indirectly) answered my email question.
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Tuesday 3 April 2012, 22:55

Please don't overreact.

I did not do anything wrong. I can't answer for the post office. Of corse I am interested in resolving this problem. Right now, this situation is being checked by our post office and I didn't get the answer yet (this is because we've started whole operation just this morning). I am going to get all the information tomorrow.

One more thing: I don't like the way you act in this situation. This is not the place for this kind of conversation.
You press on me, you judge me, you suggest that I didn't do my part of job. What are you trying to achieve?

www.carvingskills.com

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Wednesday 4 April 2012, 8:33

Abrax, over reacting? You have on this forum agreed 13 days is a long time:-)
I asked for your help privately and if you choose to ignore, yes i shall bring this public.

I imply nothing, i state facts.

You dont like being pressed? Then offer to help when asked.

I note now (after being pressed) you have answered my question. I await an update.

Simple really :D and i look forward to a more amicable solution.
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Wednesday 4 April 2012, 9:40

1. Informations and amicable solutions:
21st of March -> The parcel was shipped, you've been informed with an e-mail about the tracking number and an appropriate web page to check the parcel.
22nd of March 4:28pm -> the parcel leaves Poland and is taken by further operator.

Todays information: Very gentle woman has called me and at first she has apologized for not answering yesterday. The parcel was transferred by plain and Royal Mail has taken it.

So please ask Royal Mail on your side.

The bad info: Royal Mail does not use tracking. Or being more precise this is an info which I was told today: "They usually don't track usual mail". In this case nobody knows where is the parcel. A woman suggested to kindly ask you to check it in your place because the parcel may be just on place but not taken up by you. So please try this first.

In case of anything bad, the parcel is insured and after I'll get an info on this not being shipped with a success -> I will send the parcel once more. This has happened this year with french parcels and everybody was finally happy.

I believe that the parcel is just delayed and will finally get to you within hours.

2. Emotions:
keepTheSport wrote:Abrax, over reacting?
You have sent the PM on 01 of April in far afternoon. I did not take the reaction, that's true. There was no information about the delayed parcel. You know my e-mail but no more questions, no more PM's or mails from your side.

At 8:18am on 3rd of April You have informed me that the parcel didn't reach you

At 8:23 I've answered to your post confirming that I know that we have a problem.

So for me, the situation starts in this point.
I call post office, I ask, I question but the post office is checking, they need to get the answers first. And this all happens in the middle of my working day dealing with transport of some heavy stones, with people around me and customers who I talk to. A lot happens.

But I find my time at 3:43pm to inform you that it is happening, that we have to wait. Indirectly but polite and far from ignoring you.

And all I get for al this is a judgement on my business behaviour and a suggestions of ignoring my customers! What a surprise! It's about 7 and a half hours later! Still on official thread and despite a definite reaction from my side.

OF CORSE THAT THIS WAS OVER REACTION.

PS: This situation shows you once more who I am. How I deal with business, how I talk to people and how this all is happening. No more comments on this.

PPS: To anybody interested in how this has ended: The parcel has arrived on Tuesday 10th of April after 21 days from being shipped.
www.carvingskills.com

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Wednesday 4 April 2012, 21:35

I've just realized after reading all PM's for the 5th time that there was an information on delayed parcel in 1st of April's PM which I've missed somehow. I'm sorry I'm not perfect.

Any news from the Royal Mail?
www.carvingskills.com

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Friday 6 April 2012, 22:37

Abrax, thank you for the info i was after. Still not received springs yet:-( i have in the meantime emailed several delivery companies to enquire.

Abrax, i have been 'lurking' on swoard forum since about feb 2010 and if i thought you werent trustworthy i would have picked up on that and would never have placed an order. As you know i just wanted confirmation on stuff, so i could investigate.

I am not the only one here who has posted publicly about the springs being overdue. Fortunately for them the springs arrived a few days later.

May i make a suggestion that you inform customers of a wider time scale.
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Parallax
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Parallax » Sunday 8 April 2012, 12:17

Hello :)
Here is the example of extremecarving laid-down turn on softboot:

..and this video channel will help you to learn extremecarving.
Soft-boot carving project www.FunCarve.com
Extremecarving lessons www.youtube.com/user/FunCarve2012

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Sunday 8 April 2012, 22:54

Hi parallax, great video! I like how it concentrates on just couple of techniques and how it's for soft boots. :)

I had posted i was managing some push pull on my turns but since i've gone to hardboot set-up, i've lost the plot 8O even when i fall in hardboots my whole body still tries to fall in softboot set up. Hurt my back knee recently because of this but nowt that downing 6 painkillers didn't sort :lol2:

Seriously though, have you got any tips on falling in hardboots too? :)

Anyway, there is to be a fair bit of snow in scotland this week :D, where i will try your examples in softboots. What angles did you have in this vid? My softboot angles are 30f27b.

A perfecty timed posting too, as I have lost a huge amount of confidence :cry: in being in hardboots, so starting with the softies should help get my hardboot mojo back :)
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

keepTheSport
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by keepTheSport » Sunday 8 April 2012, 23:08

Parallax, i just watched vid again. The down unweighting,is this so the edge can be changed to downhill edge, just before a carve is started?

Cool laydowns n like the song :)
Such fun-gr!
One more try-bk!

Parallax
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Parallax » Monday 9 April 2012, 0:45

Falling in hardboots.. I don't know :) any tips, but i think you shouldn't touch the surface of slope by snowboard. Untill the speed will reduce a little :)) keep the edges far away from the snow.

My binding angles are 36\30
Soft boots helps to understand the vertical motion, like down unweighting or push-n-pull. I believe, what comfort and friendly "interface" of softboot set up provide smooth movements, control and pleasure :))
But on a really high speed run in soft boots is difficult to control the edge.

Hmm..
THere is one tip for a down unweighting.
At the end of turn, you should think like this:" Ok, here is the end of backside. Now i will bend fast my knees and go on flight to the frontside!!"
You should just bend your knees to change the edge :) Nothing else..
..oh no! Keep your shest up high!! :)
Soft-boot carving project www.FunCarve.com
Extremecarving lessons www.youtube.com/user/FunCarve2012