Short video on the Swoard Dual

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

caspercarver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Short video on the Swoard Dual

Post by caspercarver » Friday 11 March 2011, 17:31

Got a little bit of video the other day on the 158 Swoard Dual. Pretty good conditions, sorry for the water spots on the lens. next time we will check and make sure the lens is clean. Cheers.

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Friday 11 March 2011, 23:52

Hi 'Caspercarver'

You really are great! I watched all your movies and photos. You are a real snowboard contortionist! :lol:

Can you tell me how long you drive on board? From what boards you started teaching?
Very helpful are such data as height, weight, length of a board, angles and binding stance? I have been able to compare.

You said you do not use BTS - whether it is unnecessary for you greater inclination to ride the back legs?
What you are binding - step-in or the other? Why do they choose ?

Thanks in advance :wink:
Cheers

mirek
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

caspercarver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by caspercarver » Tuesday 15 March 2011, 17:27

mirekd wrote:Hi 'Caspercarver'

You really are great! I watched all your movies and photos. You are a real snowboard contortionist! :lol:

Can you tell me how long you drive on board? From what boards you started teaching?
Very helpful are such data as height, weight, length of a board, angles and binding stance? I have been able to compare.

You said you do not use BTS - whether it is unnecessary for you greater inclination to ride the back legs?
What you are binding - step-in or the other? Why do they choose ?

Thanks in advance :wink:
Cheers

mirek
thanks for watching. I have been in hardboots for about 20 years. starting with F2 Beamer. Riding Swoard on and off four about 4 years. Currently I am about 72 kg and 200cm tall. Currently riding the new 158 Dual and 161 Extremecarver. Dual angles Front 51 degrees and Rear 48 degrees with a 42cm stance. Extremecarver F 60 degrees and R 57 degrees with the same stance width as the Dual. I am still changing angles and width every time i go out, still looking for the best compromise between carving and riding backwards. The wider i make my stance the more difficult it becomes to ride backwards. Don't understand your BTS question? I ride with my Track700s, front boot is perfectly straight and the rear boot is locked in the most forward lean possible. I only use Ibex bindings now. very forgiving and flexible which i prefer. hope this helps. Cheers!

mirekd
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mirekd » Friday 18 March 2011, 19:46

Hi!

Thank you for detailed information - for me they are comparative in nature and are helpful for the proper selection of equipment and settings as well as understanding the techniques. :)
Your long period of practicing snowboarding (approximately 20 years) is impressive - you are undoubtedly one of the most experienced free-and EC-riders - I admire your performance.

You are very tall (200 cm) and have a small stance - only 42 cm (3.55 according to the formula should be 56.33 cm) and short boards (158, 161). 8O
I understand this: such a setting (and equipment), for you are the best for freestyle trick - for example: "fakie" and a very sharp turn (rotate almost in place). Is that so?

Questions regarding BTS: Swoard team recommends the use of springs (instead of Forward Lean system), because they allow a greater inclination of the hind legs (moving the center of gravity to the front when turning.) You're saying that you do not need it and just fixed the inclination of the shoe. I asked why? But now I understand.

Caspercarver - you do very interesting videos! I hope that more will you present us your new driving techniques. i... special effects movies.

Greetings :wink:

mirek
Like "joemzl" and others - extreme dreamer every day...

Lordcamel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lordcamel » Wednesday 27 April 2011, 8:50

Wahouu !!

Very nice video !

Xgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Xgo » Wednesday 27 April 2011, 22:26

Wow great moves. fast slick and I love the jumps into the backward position. . You are god damn crazy:-)
New to snow sports . .now addicted:-) 172/56/raven 155/15 -15 one day 50 45 ish :-)