Fake BOARDREVIEW at Bomberonline.com

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fake BOARDREVIEW at Bomberonline.com

Post by Hans » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 22:27

Sorry guys,
I want something to know about this review. Is this review serious? Or is this review also a fake one? If it's serious, so what causes this delamination?

Swoard Extremecarver Review - (1 of 6) Date Reviewed: March 1, 2004
User Profile
Name: Gorio Stienbork
Email: mendne@yahoo.com
Favorite Local Resort: Zermatt
Height (ft' in"): 5'11
Weight (lbs): 154
Years Riding Plates: 1
Days Using This Product: Too many to count
Product Evaluation
Year Of Product: 2004
Board Length: 165
Strengths: Hard to ride, not good in deep snow. However when its good, its mind blowing.
Weaknesses: My board broke after 20 days riding, delaminated from the nose to the front binding.
Bottom Line: My board broke after 20 days riding, delaminated from the nose to the front binding.
Overall Rating: 0 10

Greets, Hans.

Malecky
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Malecky » Wednesday 3 March 2004, 23:09

I am scared to buy a swoard becouse of the other shitty review and also delamination...

Slovenia has very crowded pists and a lot of people are gonna be walking on my board...I tell them to fuck off but m board still gets it :cry:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Fake

Post by fivat » Thursday 4 March 2004, 0:45

It's again a fake review because:

:arrow: We have NO customer in Zermatt, or by the name of Gorio Stienbork (and NO 165 model, and NO customer that rides plates since one year only gee) :!:

:arrow: The e-mail address is wrong: "error: This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (mendne@yahoo.com)".

:arrow: Moreover any board under warranty would be replaced for free (simply give the serial number). We got no request!
(Note that I have heard from friends working in a shop that Donuts, Burton, etc... have often delaminating problems. In any brand there is always a ratio of boards with such problems, it's statistics... That's why there is the warranty.).

Fin from Bomber will remove this fake review and two other ones that were proven to be fake too. He says:
Fin (private e-mail) wrote:There is no room in our small community for such negative and destructive reviews. The new policy on e-mails has been added to the front page of the Reviews.
In the Bomber forum, Nils had written a good reply to "drzone": (reference: click here!)
nils wrote:You are likely not to find them because their posts are fake.
We happen to know exactly where our boards are sold and who owns them: it means there is no 168 available from them.

I'm also wanting to clear a few things here:

The board review is supposed to be used by people that actually tried the board, ride them a bit etc.. What we see here besides Rob and Peter who happen to be real customers (they could still write bad reviews if they wanted) is two guys (same one?) with fake emails, that pretend to have both ridden a 168, and try to troll the average rating down (in which they succeed).

First guy is 100 kilos and says he rode a board designed for a guy who's max weight would be 85-90 kilos. He is 189cm tall, when the board is designed for a max of 181.. etc etc.. (he should have written 175 would have been more credible). Funny thing is he even says the board is too stiff when in real the board would be VERY soft under such feet.

We accept critics on our boards as long are they are motivated by real persons that actually tried the boards. You can be against the concept, the website, and express your point of view, but until you haven't tried the board: please !

We happen to be able to trace down every board from the serial number that is linked to every owner: a good way to show you are real is to put the serial in your review (it will show everyone you are real and not trolling).

Hope this clears a few things. Feel free to answer too if our (Swoard team) point of view seems too radical on the subject.
The remark from Vahur in the same thread is funny and a good conclusion:
Vahur wrote:Swoard succeeded!
If some people go so far, that put faked reviews to bring average for Swoard down, then IMO it indicates, that Swoard is success. Otherwise if it would have been yet another board (perhaps good but nothing exceptional), then why bother?
Patrice Fivat

gdboytyler
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gdboytyler » Thursday 4 March 2004, 1:02

Check out the review on the Virus done by the same fake email address - mendne@yahoo.com, but different names.

Some glaring similarities. Both the Swoard and the Virus supposedly delaminated at exactly 20 days of riding and in the exact same spot.

Whoever the fake reviewer is, he is not very creative.

Virus Free Carving Review - (2 of 3) Date Reviewed: February 12, 2003
User Profile
Name: mendum neil
Email: mendne@yahoo.com
Favorite Local Resort: Flims
Height (ft' in"): 5'11
Weight (lbs): 154
Years Riding Plates: 1
Days Using This Product: Too many to count
Product Evaluation
Year Of Product: 2002
Board Length: 165
Strengths: This is an update from my last post. This board is wild to ride, makes all other boards seem lifeless
Weaknesses: My board broke after 20 days riding, delaminated from the nose to the front binding.
Bottom Line: It broke, if this was my fault then I don't know what I did, no big crashes, lots of loving care.

Spend your money else where on boards that don't break.
Overall Rating: 0 10

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 4 March 2004, 19:07

Thanks Patrice,
I was already convinced that this could't be true. But it's good to bring it under the attention from boarders who wants to buy a SWOARD and will hesitate when they read this 'wrong' reviews.

Greets, Hans.

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

Proof

Post by yomama » Friday 5 March 2004, 19:23

Proof that Swoard is a great board: there is *absolutely* no second hand Swoard for sale on the market.... 8)

Peter Vu :chinese:

Malecky
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Malecky » Saturday 6 March 2004, 9:40

I would like to ask when will a new rev. of the swoard be available if there is going to be one?

As I said the pists here are very crowded and even if I will be very carefull skiers are going to destroy my swoards topsheet! :evil: :cry:

When will a Swoard with a better more protected top sheet be available...?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

topsheet issue

Post by nils » Saturday 6 March 2004, 10:58

the topsheet is ICP, its a great material that has a lot of dampening effect on the board. Its weakness is it scratches when encountering skiies etc. But its so much lighter than ABS and dampening that we don't want to change it.

We are working for the future on some way to prevent this by adding a tail protection that will prevent the topsheet from beeing damaged ( it seems most the skiis attacks are from the back) by preventing the ski edges to peel the edges of the topsheet when waiting in the lift queues. We are experimenting with that and for now haven't come out with a good solution yet, so no Rev B or Mark II of the board now...

Out of all the boards out, maybe 3-4 have had the problem, concerning maybe 2*2cm areas at the max... So not a real issue if you take care and play angry with the skiiers..

N.

kjl
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Fake

Post by kjl » Monday 8 March 2004, 7:00

fivat wrote:It's again a fake review because:

:arrow: We have NO customer in Zermatt, or by the name of Gorio Stienbork (and NO 165 model, and NO customer that rides plates since one year only gee) :!:
Not quite - you have one customer that has ridden plates for only one year: me :)

I love your board and will post a review on bomberonline soon.

I was great riding with you at the SES, Patrice. Thanks for the tips, and see you at the ECS next year :)
--

Ken

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 8:42

the topsheet is ICP, its a great material that has a lot of dampening effect on the board. Its weakness is it scratches when encountering skiies etc. But its so much lighter than ABS and dampening that we don't want to change it.
How could topsheet damage be fixed? After carving camp I noticed topsheet damage on my board, ca. 1 cm long and 0.5 cm wide. Its so deep, that fiberglass (or whatever this yellow laminated stuff within board is called) could be seen. What is recommended for filling this hole in order to avoid further damage due to moisture?
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

sounds like a ski pole scratch?

Post by nils » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 10:23

you can mix epoxy with a red and blue tint compatible with epoxy and put it there so it prevents water from going inside the fiber.
N.

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: sounds like a ski pole scratch?

Post by vkrouverk » Wednesday 10 March 2004, 19:36

nils wrote:you can mix epoxy with a red and blue tint compatible with epoxy and put it there so it prevents water from going inside the fiber.
N.
Thanks for advice. I bought some white epoxy putty and will try this.
Looks don't count for machos :D so I don't care, if it will be little bit whiter than rest of board's topsheet. Main thing, that it is resistant to water. And I can hide it with sticker, if needed...
Converting potential energy to kinetic..