Selling Swoard in Austria

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Selling Swoard in Austria

Post by István » Tuesday 24 February 2004, 14:06

Hi Swoard team,

Just a question: have you ever thougt about selling Swoard through commercial entities (ie. shops) besides selling it directly via Internet. :?:

In case yes, Austria, Vienna might be a good geographical location taking into account that Vienna is relatively close to countries within CEU like Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia and I think it is also a frequent travel destination. :wink:

In addition from a strategic point of view Austria would also be a good choice as there are many hardbooters. :bravo:

I know a few shops in Vienna concentrating on extreme sports including Alpine snowboard, should you be interested I'll let you know. Do not want to advertise shops until then.

Cheers,

István

Malecky
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Malecky » Saturday 28 February 2004, 12:29

I wanted to ask the same qestion...

I am buying a silberpfeil but I will not get it until september so if there is a swoard close to slovenia I would buy it in a hartbeat.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Selling Swoard in Austria

Post by fivat » Tuesday 2 March 2004, 2:05

In another post ( viewtopic.php?p=4629#4629 ), Nils wrote important things. In particular:
nils wrote:To be franck: If we really wanted to sell the right price for the board in order to make money, we would have to sell it over 1100/1200 euros. We decided the price had to stay in the 800/900 euros range in order to be available to more people. (lets hope we can maintain this prices).
If we would sell the boards in the shops, we could not keep the prices low. Direct selling over Internet is the best for everyone (from the price point of view). But we are studying alternatives and are in contact with some shops already... Thank you for the address of this Austrian shop :wink:

Patrice Fivat

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 2 March 2004, 12:07

Patrice,

I think I have not shared with you the address of my favorite snowboard shop in Austria, have I.

Anyway its Surfinsel, Wien, Margareten gürtel, www.surfinsel.at.

Cheers,

István