Binding offset?

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

kjl
Rank 4
Rank 4

Binding offset?

Post by kjl » Thursday 12 February 2004, 7:33

I just got my Swoard in the mail today and am so excited for Saturday! I am not that good of a carver yet, but I am anxious to try it. I do currently boot out (drag toe in the snow) when I lean over toesides, so if nothing else the wide waist will immediately help.

I have a quick question:
Does anybody know what the binding setback is? I want to perfectly center my bindings and I am really, really anal. The board specs on the webpage say the inserts are centered, but I measure them set back ~1 cm.

Thanks!

Ken
--

Ken

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

Insert Location

Post by rcrobar » Thursday 12 February 2004, 8:02

Hi Ken

I have to admit that the shape of the progressive nose had me guessing about my binding placement as well. The inserts are in fact centered on the board. A quick way to check the actual effective edge is the black ABS sidewall, the nose and tail are white on the sidewall.

Have fun on the weekend.:D

Rob

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 12 February 2004, 8:22

Hi Ken,

Yes the inserts are centered. The 1cm setback you have mesured is due to a very small imprecision caused by the technology used for the nose and tail rise combined with the very progressive nose. Sorry, I can't explain why because it's a secret of the factory.
But this has no influence on the board behaviour. What is important is that the flex, torsion, camber and sidecut shape are centered with the inserts.

Jacques

kjl
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks!

Post by kjl » Thursday 12 February 2004, 8:35

I will set my bindings accordingly.
--

Ken

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 12 February 2004, 14:43

Hi All,

I also wanted to raise that question earlier, although I am still far from receiving my Swoard. :alien:

So do I understand well, that the bindigs should be put on simmetrically, meaning that after the foot distance is decided, bindings should be the same distance from the center. :think:

Rigth now I have it a bit closer to the tail. Is it a problem in your view. (It's a Silberpfeil that loves nose-diving...)

Cheers,

István