Waxing temperature

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Felix
Rank 5
Rank 5
Location: Austria, but moedling near vienna, bloody 1 hour drive to semmering or rax

Waxing temperature

Post by Felix » Wednesday 11 February 2004, 10:15

Hi to all.
I just wondered about the temperature of the iron for waxing.
Do you take a rather hot temp and go above it quick. (e.g. 40 to 50 seconds from tail to front) or or do you use lower temps and take longer???

I heard that by using hotter temps the super fine structure gets invisibly damaged??? On the other hand I am always afraid of damaging the core while using to low temps (e.g. 2 min for one go tail to end... I go constantly onwards ones outside then middle then the other outside of the base which adds up to three times ironing for one go. And redoo it after 10 minutes.)

Cheers for comments.

Felix

Keep rocking

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Wednesday 11 February 2004, 19:03

Hi, Felix

It depends on which wax you use, the harder the wax, the higher the temperature. Mostly you can find the ideal temperature on internet or on the waxpackage itself. Always move the iron on your board, than you will never have any problems at all. Most lowtemparature (fluor) hardwax will be around 150/160 celsius. High temperature hardwax will be around 140/150.

Greets, Hans.