Feedback on the Swoard DUAL

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

lebowski
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Feedback on the Swoard DUAL

Post by lebowski » Sunday 4 September 2011, 2:15

I am very impressed with the DUAL I purchased from you (a 175). Not only holds an edge at speed for large carving turns but I was impressed with how quickly it transitioned from edge to edge considering its size and relative width.

I'm 6'1 and about 90 kgs - soft boot set up- carves better than any free ride board i've been on and still user friendly.

Will be recommending your product to all.

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Wednesday 30 May 2012, 8:45

As a result of numerous Dual tests carried out during the Swoard Demo Tour 2012, we have received the following feedback:

Diego SIGNIST – CH (the winner of the DUAL Contest)
A great edge grip
Turns easily
Great carving characteristics
Light and maneuverable
Also a great control at high speeds

Yann – FR
Tested a Dual 168 in hard boots
On hardpack, this is a playful board with a very strong grip. Adding one more flex for Duals would be great!!!
In any case, this is a super board.

Antonio – SP
Extremely easy both to enter in the curve and to get out of it. The most secure edge hold compared to everything I’ve ever tested.

Thierry 78 - FR
In the afternoon, with all its ruts, hardened sub base, and bumps, it's high time to take the Dual to stop being frustrated while you extremecarve. If there is fresh powder, there is no need to hesitate. The Dual is a must-have board.

TheSeagull – FR
A nervous, precise and very responsive board. Its excellent edge grip is perfect for carving.
On top of that, the Dual knows how to stay versatile and effective in other disciplines! This is the best board I’ve ever tried.

Marie Laure - FR
A very pleasant board, even on hardpack. Due to its very good grip, it builds your self-confidence immediately.
A very playful board, even with my 1m58

Samich - FR
An ultra responsive, precise and sound board. A real pleasure.

jbb78 – FR
A very nice board with wonderful versatility, it’s a treat!!

Ludovic – FR
A great board. Its edge grip is really incredible.

JBB – FR / AU
Tested a Dual 168 in soft boots, and a Flow Pro Carbon
Great control on slopes, even on icy compacted snow. Laying down a frontside without problems, the backside is harder because of the angles.
In powder: super easy and very restorative. Good control at high speeds.

licarver – IT
Fantastic !!

Laurent – FR
I tested it in soft boots, mostly freeriding. Very good sensations, a good response and excellent flotation. It floats in powder. One hour is not enough to try carving in soft boots. A test yet to be done. .
Very good impressions so far anyway.

Pascal – FR
My first test, got used to the board very quickly. Exceptional behavior in the fresh snow off piste. It forgives the mistakes, easily absorbs terrain irregularities.
On the slopes in hard boots, good sensations of carving, I adored it!
A must-have addition to the Extremecarver

Mnemonics – NL
Usually I ride the Extremecarver 175H
The DUAL 175 has almost the same characteristics. The frontside is great, the backside is harder to do because the binding angles are 20° less.

Franck – CH
Cuts the previous traces in off-piste. Very straightforward, not a traitor.
Laid frontside on the slopes: an exceptional grip in the carve turn.
Little tricks on the slopes : it could be slightly more flexible, but is this really what is expected of a board like this?
A super board with great grip, a piece of happiness.

Paolo – IT
A wonderful board, maneuverable and easy to ride. I am very satisfied.

Etienne – FR
1m80, 70 kg, tested a Dual 163 on slopes, in soft boots.
On the slopes, excellent for EC: I was timid at first, but then got used to the board very easily, thanks to its phenomenal grip. The board is very playful and behaves really well at high speeds. In the late afternoon, off-piste in the crud: cuts right through the old tracks. I can’t wait to test it in powder.
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Arnaud » Friday 21 December 2012, 9:59

A feedback in Italian here : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10565
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Oleg K
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oleg K » Wednesday 23 October 2013, 21:12

Q: What will be different SWORD DUAL 2013-2014 was from SWORD DUAL 2012-2013.? That introduced new? What are the characteristics? :roll:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Wednesday 23 October 2013, 21:47

Oleg K wrote:Q: What will be different SWORD DUAL 2013-2014 was from SWORD DUAL 2012-2013.? That introduced new? What are the characteristics? :roll:
The major change is the site of production, in Europe where we wanted to stay. We worked hard to transfer the process, to make some pre-series, to test on the glaciers, etc. with the goal to get at least the same awesome performances as before. Mission succeeded.
We did choose and ordered some specific materials, with no compromise. We have made new molds because the heating system was different from what Nidecker was using before they closed their Swiss factory.
The sizes 168 and 175 will be very slightly (but really slightly) stiffer longitudinally, what was wished by some riders.
The two minor changes are that:
1) now the base is no more P-TEX but NHS, the best graphite base from another provider,
2) the edge is all around the board like most other brands.
Of course in this model there is still the exclusive Swoard technology with Carbon ATC Matrix.
The camber is very small and efficient for great carving on the slopes. Off-piste, the board gets a natural rocker thanks to its longitudinal softness (coupled to a great torsional stiffness which is well controlled and distributed thanks to the Carbon ATC Matrix).
Finishing is great: top and base.
In conclusion: we are very very happy. :D

Availability: mid or end of November. Meanwhile: no advertising, no blabla. We just work on the two other models to be ready in time. News soon.

Patrice Fivat

Oleg K
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oleg K » Thursday 24 October 2013, 21:45

Patrice, thank you very much! I want to buy new SWORD DUAL 168. Tell me please, when it appears in salling n new SWORD DUAL 168
Best wishes. :hello:
Oleg K.

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roelh » Sunday 2 February 2014, 17:05

My powder board is seriously damaged in Zinal last week :angel:. Maybe suitable for snow kiting only :bravo: ... So what Dual to choose 168 or 175 when you fit both? Is shorter more easy in powder? Is longer better for carving? I have an Extreme Carver 168 M. 78 kg, 182 lengt.
Just do it, enjoy!

H2O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by H2O » Tuesday 4 February 2014, 16:49

Roelh wrote:My powder board is seriously damaged in Zinal last week :angel:. Maybe suitable for snow kiting only :bravo: ... So what Dual to choose 168 or 175 when you fit both? Is shorter more easy in powder? Is longer better for carving? I have an Extreme Carver 168 M. 78 kg, 182 lengt.
I think:
longher=better in powder + longher=better for carving
shorter=better for wood and narrow passages
Pietro
... sciare in pista è come nuotare in piscina, sciare in fuoripista è come farlo in mare aperto ...

tali

Post by tali » Thursday 6 February 2014, 15:51

Roelh wrote:My powder board is seriously damaged in Zinal last week :angel:. Maybe suitable for snow kiting only :bravo: ... So what Dual to choose 168 or 175 when you fit both? Is shorter more easy in powder? Is longer better for carving? I have an Extreme Carver 168 M. 78 kg, 182 lengt.
Based on your weight and height (78 kg, 182 cm) i would suggest that you choose between 163 and 168. :think:
168 might be the best choice...

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roelh » Wednesday 28 October 2015, 16:12

It took a while, but my 168 Dual is on his way!!
Just do it, enjoy!

Bob2356
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bob2356 » Sunday 31 January 2016, 4:54

What are the stance widths with the dual. I prefer a very narrow stance of 17" 44cm even with soft boots. The stance widths aren't listed in any of the specs.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Post by nils » Monday 1 February 2016, 10:56

There is many inserts (2 cm by 2 cm), so you should be able to have very narrow stance or big large one...

On a Dual 175, the medium stance is 55 cm. Maximum is +8 cm (thus 63 cm) and minimum -8 cm (thus 47 cm).
And of course you can have probably additional +/-2 cm with your bindings.
For the other sizes, the medium stances are: 53 cm for the 168, 51.5 cm for the 163 and 50 cm for the 158. Also with +/-8cm (+/-10 cm with the bindings).

N.

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roelh » Thursday 4 February 2016, 20:39

Did my first runs with my new Swoard Dual last week in Zinal. Powder and slopes... What a difference compared with my old Burton Custom! Easyness and control is top! Lot's of grip on the slopes, I love it!
Just do it, enjoy!

HeikkiH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HeikkiH » Tuesday 7 February 2017, 19:27

HI,
When can I place an order for new Sword Dual on the www-page?
Regards.
HeikkiH

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 7 February 2017, 23:46

On homepage it's written in big 10th February. ;-)
But there could be a new delay because of IT reasons. Thanks for your patience!

The Swoard team