First contact with my Swoard board

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

polo
Rank 0
Rank 0

First contact with my Swoard board

Post by polo » Sunday 16 March 2003, 13:39

Hi everyone,

I am lucky enough to have been able to ride my swoard board 3 weeks ago in Verbier.
I was stunned. Amazed. This board is like no other boards I have ridden before. And I have tested many alpine boards during the last 10 years.

Contact with the snow is amazing. The board is flexible yet super nervous and precise. So precise. Once the edge bites the snow you are on a rail and nothing can alter the turn. On 'regular' alpine boards, mainly the ones shaped for racing, the snow must be perfectly groomed to allow extreme carving. A small bump and the edge slips. You end up sliding on the snow. Not with Swoard boards. The master mind behind this concept, Mr. Jacque Rillet, has succeeded in building a board that absorbs terrain irregularities yet be extremely stable when you are on the edge. In fact that's what Swoard boards like. To be on the edge.
They are nervous as well. You can change edges faster than you think. They accelerate faster. Put your board flat and you feel the acceleration.
In brief this board is a dense concentrate of fun. No mater what slopes you are on (groomed, bumpy, hard snow, soft snow, etc..) you can ride 100%.
Now you can V-turn frontside and backside everywhere, not only on the perfectly groomed runs that are so few in ski resorts.

My friend Nils told me that once I ride a Swoard board I will never go back to my old board. I didn't believe him.
Now I do.

Cheers

Polo

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: First contact with my Swoard board

Post by fivat » Saturday 22 March 2003, 15:00

I'm happy to read so many compliments and enthusiastic posts :!:
It's great that everybody can now benefit from Jacques genius! I felt a bit alone during all these years of developments and tests :D My friends didn't really believe me when I told them that my prototypes were amazing, with no comparison with the boards of the market. They thought that my technique explained how I was able to extremecarve. But actually I needed the perfect tool: it's name is Swoard ;-)
polo wrote:My friend Nils told me that once I ride a Swoard board I will never go back to my old board. I didn't believe him.
Now I do.
Welcome Polo! 8)

-Patrice Fivat

KYLE T
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KYLE T » Friday 11 April 2003, 18:14

I spent two full days on my SWOARD 175 Hard, April 9 & 10,
and I can tell you all, I had a blast.

This board is the best I have ever ridden. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many thanks to Jacques, Patrice & Nils

Kyle T

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

wow cool

Post by nils » Friday 11 April 2003, 21:35

yepeeeeeee!
:)