The latest tests with the new Swoard 2008 génération 3

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

well....

Post by nils » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 17:52

its strange that u are using this forum to try to bring people to think we are just here for profit and that we would take the risk to lie about what we sale...
We have spent the last 5 years making zero profit reinvesting money into the next production, not counting our time, based on a few principles that are:
- transparency ( glasnost)
- truth
- no compromises in board construction / materials
- share our knowledge of the EC techniques we developped
- create a community of people of various parts of the world happy to share their experience

Of course if Swoard was able to make real profit for us now it would be nice, because after such long time its tiring not to make money of your work.. but as stated by siber, we have other jobs, and can afford this way of working until now ( sorry if we can afford it).. this is also why we take long to develop... if we had not had the various problems with 1st and 2d production we would maybe already have our new models out by now, and be able to developp better..

I think you never met Jacques if you dare to pretend that he could lie about what he says about the last board he rode...very few people test new boards with such professionnalism, with analytic methods and open minds as he did with patrice this summer... he was switching from the gen2 to gen1 to new one etc so he could compare objectivly what was to improve, how it could be improved etc...
We are happy that the board is good to go into production, but it was not the case one month before, and we were ready to delay as much as needed the production time until the product was very good... which it is now... are we saying the others are crap? No, you will not find a single word like this here: we say just that:

- we know what we talk about when talking about EC and boards for EC and we have the riding level and shaping experience to prove it.

- we ride the same boards as our customers and our vids/pics/customers are here to prove they work

- we dont like people copying exactly our boards, and our extremecarver name... we prefer to have competition develop a board on its own, from scratch, testing it, riding it, improving it, rather than trying to take the EC train like this without effort... Some guys are working hard on their EC/ wider boards models and its fine, some other even take the name and same sizes almost and pretend they work hard in development..

Last but not least: why does this critics have to come from someone named Virus 1... nice provocation :) but we will not fall into this and do not want any kind of war with Virus since his narrow boards have users that are happy with them, the quality is great etc... ( ip location goes to a holland provider, so for those who ask: it is not who you think ;) )... We even have swoard users that are also happy virus customers.. and last but not least: why risk to scratch virus reputation by starting a hate war among swoard users or EC fans and readers of this site???

this said: soon the boards will be able to be tested, and we will see what the feedback is :) and we are ready for them because we are confident the boards work for what they are designed: a fun freecarve and EC experience :)

nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

?????

Post by István » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 18:39

If its not Frank, then who is he/she?

Cheers

Silber

Post by Silber » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 19:03

Well, I doubt Frank would come and post such a message...first of all knowing him a little bit he seems a different kind of person, second he's always very busy to have time to spare on this kind of messages, third he's doing pretty well with his own production (couldn't even produce all the swoards last year...) and I doubt he needs to come here to attract extra work..

Let this be a place of peace and EC passion shared by people from different countries and different boards...
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

e_wi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by e_wi » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 19:33

Respect for all those above and their explanations...I rather laugh at people like virus1, who come and provoke us with bullshit messages...really no use to discuss with persons like that one !!!
Swoard Pro2 175M, Redline bindings, UPZ RC10

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 19:39

You are right Francesco! Frank never sent me a longer e-mail than 5 words, I would doubt that he spent his valuable time by typing all that..... and he speaks less good English, that is easy to spot out.

Peace,

Istvan

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

yes

Post by nils » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 20:13

amen to that :)

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 20:36

Woh !!did I miss anything? Easy guys....easy!!Someone here must be joking...but too silly to make people fall in it :wink:

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 20:55

VIRUS 1 wrote:I was totally amused to read your announcement Are you sure, that you are sure, what you are telling your customers there?
Yes, it is my feelings on the latest prototype we made with Nidecker.
Sorry if my enthusiasm is a problem for you.
VIRUS 1 wrote:You can see it how aggressive their marketing strategy against all others is: SWOARD IS THE BEST FUCK THE REST!
Ah? Not really: our only marketing strategy is to share our enthusiasm about the board we make for ourselves.
Perhaps you can't imagine that, but one of the main reasons that led us to create Swoard was (and is still) to have the best possible EC boards for ourselves.

I know that there are many great boards on the market, but the Swoard is just the most adapted to the way we ride and to our technique.

I wish we can talk together about all that in Zinal. You will see we are not the kind of people you imagine.

Jacques

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Enthousiasm and Passion

Post by Hans » Wednesday 26 September 2007, 22:14

Enthousiasm and Passion is only what counts here..................

And that is what these guys from SWOARD are into.

They believe in their product and they stand for it.

Bravo and go on.

There aren't worse snowboards anymore, just many boards for everyones ridingstyle and wishes :wink:

I have too many boards to ride, but just having fun.

yomama
Rank 5
Rank 5

161M

Post by yomama » Thursday 27 September 2007, 23:21

Hi Kelvin,

This is Peter Vu here. Sorry if I jumped in a bit late. I weight 134lbs (60kg) and I can confirm to you that the 161M is perfect for my weigh.

I was in Zinal in 2004, I did not bring my board with me and Patrice was kind enough to loan me a 161H. I tried the beast and even though I could carve the board, it was a bit too stiff and I got tired faster vs. my 161M.

In summary, I would say that PJ’s specs are spot on. :bravo:

Hope this helps.

Peter

Franck Lehmans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Who is Virus

Post by Franck Lehmans » Friday 28 September 2007, 11:34

VIRUS 1 wrote:On all the spirit they want to share, THEY WANT YOUR MONEY,nothing else, they don´t want to have a fair competition against all the other brands which are also producing very good boards.
You can see it how aggressive their marketing strategy against all others is: SWOARD IS THE BEST FUCK THE REST!
(first of all, I'm not the Franck from Virus...)

This is a point of view... But, if some one is agressive here, I just ask me who ? You seem to be much more agressive than the "marketing" of swoard, if they have realy a "marketing" plan ?

The marketing of Swoard have nothing about agressive. "Once apon a time", there has been an article and the Extreme Carver from Swoard was just at the first place. NOTHING ELSE ! That's why some people always said that it is the best board.
So who tells that the best board are making by Swoard ? The press ! I have never heard Jacques saying that other marks of board makes bad boards... Every board is different, every mark has his speciality... Some board are more adaptive to a a style, to a physical, to a level, to a snow... The Extreme Carver is just fantastic (perhaps the best... perhaps not..., but for sure one of the best. If so mutch people tells that, it must be truth ?) for a good snowboarder wîtch rides with "rotation turns", on a hard snow. It is just a very good board, like some marks are probably producing too.

I do snowboard with Jacques since about 20 years. My first board was a board made by Jacques in 1986 : made with the wood of a door comming from a swimmingpool (that's real !). So, I know him well, like Patrice witch began the snowboard at the same time as me (one or two years later).
First : they aren't agressive people.
Second : they always search to have the better Extrem Carving boards on their feet.
Third : If you want to try one Extreme Carver one time, you're welcome in Zinal... But not so agressive please !

I allways hope that alpin boarders is a big family. So problems can be resolved if some problems is....

Bye !
Franck, Préverenges, Suisse

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Life is interesting

Post by fivat » Friday 28 September 2007, 15:20

In my life, I have observed something interesting about people. The way someone is thinking about the other persons (the way he sees the world) reveals clearly how he is himself. Someone who is hypocrite, cupid, susceptible, arrogant, jealous or whatever, does imagine that other people are like that. Such persons imagine that the world is the image of what they are themselves. Another characteristic of such persons is to deny the good points, the contributions, the merits, and positive attitude in the other persons. They can’t understand / imagine that there are some people who are not lying, who are not focusing on themselves, money, and who are open to the others… sharing their passion and giving their time. They try to copy, to imitate, to follow… and don’t see the essential… They stay behind on all aspects.

Observing people and the way they think has helped me in my life to recognize the good persons and to meet my best friends.

Patrice Fivat

rcrobar
Rank 5
Rank 5

The Human Spirit

Post by rcrobar » Friday 28 September 2007, 17:46

Very well said Patrice!

e_wi
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by e_wi » Friday 28 September 2007, 21:53

Oooom....shanti, shanti....it's getting real spiritual and psychlogical....is this still about extreme carving.....maybe we could start an extreme meditation forum, carving on the waves of Absolute Love.....
Sorry...seriously now...it's true and funny but it's been a while we haven't heard nothing any more of our sweet Virus1, do you think he's getting shy now ???? :?:
Swoard Pro2 175M, Redline bindings, UPZ RC10

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Virus1 - Tinkler

Post by Hans » Friday 28 September 2007, 21:59

e_wi wrote:Oooom....shanti, shanti....it's getting real spiritual and psychlogical....is this still about extreme carving.....maybe we could start an extreme meditation forum, carving on the waves of Absolute Love.....
Sorry...seriously now...it's true and funny but it's been a while we haven't heard nothing any more of our sweet Virus1, do you think he's getting shy now ???? :?:
Virus1 was downhill, couldn't avoid him with my Tinkler, now he's burried under the snow :naughty: :snooty: