First picture of the 3rd generation!

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Do you like this brilliant top sheet?

I like this brilliant top sheet and I don't mind to stick some pads for the rear foot.
71%
I prefer a grainy-mat (and not sliding) top sheet like the 2nd generation.
29%

Total votes: 45

Franck Lehmans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Franck Lehmans » Thursday 13 September 2007, 16:29

rilliet wrote: But I must say that it is so beautiful! As beautiful as a Steinway piano! :pray2:
What would say your father if you would make some scatches on his piano :vamp: !!!!

For me, a brilliant topsheet is beautifull to hang my Swoard on the wall, like a Picasso.
But I prefer to use it to glide on the snow, with those stupide skiers witch will take lot of plesure to make some big fat scratches on my board.

My skis (Yes. I must confess that I am sometimes a skier) are... or was glossy. After only one season, they are full of scratches : horible. So I let you imagine on a snowboard...

I imagine that scratches are less visible on a mat surface, That's wy I prefer mat.
Franck, Préverenges, Suisse

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Scratches

Post by István » Thursday 13 September 2007, 18:13

Scratches on our boards are like wounds received in battle. We wear them proudly and each and every one of them has a piece of memory associated of a skier beaten up badly.... :vamp: :vamp: :vamp:

So don't be affraid of scratches, they look cool :evil2:

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Thursday 13 September 2007, 20:00

A very simple trick to avoid scratches in the lift line: carry your board.
I always do so when there are too many people and my Swoard always looks nice even after two seasons.

Jacques

Böany
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Böany » Thursday 13 September 2007, 22:30

Hey, got another idea if you're afraid of scratches:
My girlfriend got some new ski at the end of last season. They have some kind of...ehm, "uneven" surface, like sandpaper. Has anyone ever seen this on boards? I like the design and I think it could be quite robust... well, at least it LOOKS quite robust, skis are not tested yet I think

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Friday 14 September 2007, 9:00

I have had glossy surface on my skis for years and scratches are not a big problem. However, one trick to protect the surface and keep it shiny and glossy is to cover it with transparent plastic film. Since the decision of a glossy surface has been taken, the discussion on glossy or not is not an issue. Now it is about how to take care of the precious thing in the best way. In that wein I hope you all is as concerned about taking care of your edges and sole as much as of the top sheet. I see horrors in that respect even among carvers.
harald

Silver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Silver » Friday 14 September 2007, 22:52

Where do you find such transparent film to protect your board ?

does it stick perfectly or does it move after several days or weeks ?

Thanks

silver 8)

bibo17
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bibo17 » Monday 17 September 2007, 9:19

I prefer brilliant top sheet
"passo lungo e ben disteso"
KESSLER 168 W205 R 12000
F2 titanflex intec
VIRUS UPZ Racing Boots

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Monday 17 September 2007, 9:33

Silver,
I think you can buy it in book- or paper stores. It is called transparent contact paper or contact film. Unfortunately, I cannot tell whether is will stick permanently. I only know from friends that used it on skis for a season or two and removed it when they sold them. Since contact film is not that expensive it could be worth a try.
harald