! Swoard 2005-2006 Season !

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Are you going to order a Swoard?

- YES, directly through the website
42%
- YES, through direct sales (France - Switzerland)
10%
- YES, but not this winter
23%
- Not for the moment
25%

Total votes: 52

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Orders>

Post by nils » Wednesday 12 October 2005, 18:54

No actually, and for obvious reasons ( swiss company vs german company) we chose the simpliest way which is to send the board from Virus Factory. Virus handles the shipping part only while we manage the ordering process that is time consuming and that Virus had no way to manage ( they have enough work already !). Since the boxes will leave the factory, you can maybe arrange ordering a few virus boards at the same time :) The Zylon model is pretty impressive ( price too :).

Nils

kelvin o
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kelvin o » Wednesday 12 October 2005, 19:11

Yeah I'll get Frank to throw in a couple of those Zylon boards with my Swoard :wink: ...

I was actually thinking about much more pedestrian items like stickers, hats or t-shirts :roll: .

So when are we getting our boards :twisted: !!! (Pounding on table with spit coming out of my nose, red faced and wanting my bottle :wink: )

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 12 October 2005, 19:15

This poll has not option:
I dont need now another Swoard

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Small update

Post by nils » Wednesday 19 October 2005, 1:53

no need to go to page 1 of this post to see the last news, i'll copy the news here also !

Some of the orders are beeing processed now, and people just received their Pre invoice with the shipping costs also. we are still waiting for the VAT answer for Germany, so those orders are on stand by until then, and for countries like canada, sweden, japan, korea, you will also have to wait a few more days, because Virus told me the shipping cost was a ripp off for those countries, and he was inquiring about them quickly, and try to get a new offer for those countries. Basically, and appart from USA which is basically the same price as previously ( around 90 euros), prices are a bit lower than what we use to bill, because we know ship from Germany which has cheaper prices for europe than TNT from Switzerland... Shipping costs for Euro countries are in the 35 euros range instead of 54 with TNT !

Allow a few more days for those that have already put their orders, if you did not receive the pre-invoice, it means we are still working either on that german VAT issue, or on the shipping costs ! But it does not mean we are dead, or that we did not take your order !

Shops will also receive their first boards ( orders) soon, around first days of november :)

Nils

kelvin o
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kelvin o » Wednesday 19 October 2005, 4:55

WOOHOO!!
:D :D :D :D

Dave
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dave » Wednesday 19 October 2005, 12:40

Just got my details from Nils, thanks Nils. :bravo:

Can't wait until my swoard arrives here

greetings from Belgium, Dave

PS: Keep on the good work guys
Party hard, party wise
Swoard2005 168H 004, Northwave nexus grey

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Paypal :)

Post by nils » Wednesday 19 October 2005, 18:15

PLEASE read carefully the order page !!
If you choose paypal, it means we will add the 4% of paypal costs to the invoice. If you choose not to use paypal, please notify us when you change minds... because when you send the wrong amount with paypal we need to cancel it then etc etc....

Ok for changing minds, but do it before wiring the $$$ :)

Nils

kelvin o
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kelvin o » Monday 24 October 2005, 2:50

Nils...
Will we be getting notification and shipping information when the boards get shipped out or do we find out that the board is out when we see it at our front door? :) Thanks!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

that is a good question :)

Post by nils » Monday 24 October 2005, 12:15

to be or not to be...

hmm If frank has the time to send me the tracking numbers , then yes, otherwise, No :)

Nils

RDY_2_Carve
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RDY_2_Carve » Wednesday 26 October 2005, 21:49

Nils,

Are you guys going to consider having a US distributor for your new product?

Also are you guys coming to SES 05/06 this year in Aspen? If so, are you bringing some demo boards?

As much as I think the Swoard will improve my EC I cannot commit $900 USD to something I've never even seen with my own eyes, much less something I've never ridden.

Cheers
<-----Wants a SWOARD! Contact me!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

I know !

Post by nils » Wednesday 26 October 2005, 23:43

Unfortunately there will be no SES this year, because our ECS is about the same dates, and as usual our other schedules make it tight... I will do all my best to come to the ECS07 thu!

US distributor... We cannot afford really a distribution channel, and are working of a depot like place, where people will be able to demo, and buy the board from US with a local delivery only. BUT this will take time to setup, and most likely will not be ready before 2006.

As for buying a board you never tried, believe me or not but I think 85% of people on Swoard today never even see the board in real before purchasing it! When we look back at the first sales in 2002-03, the first riders must have been convinced because the board was barely out of the factory when they got it :).
We even have some people getting two swoards for themselves! (ok happened only twice..)

But, there might be a solution if you get yourself in contact with various forum like tahoecarvers, or bomber and identify people with swoard... maybe some will let you try ...We will try to get the new 2D at the SES this year to ease the wait!

Nils

Daneille
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Daneille » Thursday 27 October 2005, 5:46

If you do manage to get 2D's to SES it would be really nice for there to be a 161 also. I would love to try one in my size, not the big one I get to borrow 8O
Daneille

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

UPDATE :)

Post by nils » Thursday 27 October 2005, 22:45

Small Update :)
German customers, here is a good news :)
We are about to find a solution, you will receive the invoice, but it will be directly from Frank. Virus is going to sell you the swoard for us, and it will be more simple than paying expensive german lawyers 150 euros/hour for solving the vat problem :).

How this is going to work: easy!

1. ALL ORDERS VIA WWW.SWOARD.COM ( do NOT disturb Frank ;)
2. Once we are sure the board choice and ID is done, we, Swoard, will FORWARD your order to Frank, he is then going to send you a Virus invoice, with the price, shipping cost, and german VAT. simple no?
4. You pay him.
5. He sends the boards(s).
6. We count + and - between swoard and virus!
7. you send swoard your warranty card.

It means the problem is basically solved, for the german customers that have already sent their orders, I will just forward your orders, with board ID and serial number to Frank.

To everyone: Frank is going to start shipping the board next wednesday :) He already packed 30 boards good news uhh?

Again, thank you ALL for your patience and passionated interest!

The Swoard team!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Shipping costs increases!

Post by nils » Monday 21 November 2005, 19:12

Guys and ladies,
I have had a long talk with Frank
He got a new price sheet from DPD (which is way cheaper than others from germany..) and they are raising the shipping prices to the following destinations ( basically all that is non europe, and all that needs to fly)

All following prices are accurate as of today, but you will get the real quote when you order! All those that already received their pre invoices and paid the boards, price will not change for you! ( lucky you are!)

New prices

USA: 1 board - 115 € / 2 boards - 140 € / 3 boards - 150 € etc...(+10 € for extra board in the box)
CANADA: 125 € / 155 € / 165 € etc...

Japan / Korea: 181 € / 190€ / 200 € /etc..

it means: the more you group the orders the cheaper the shipping is!

the shipping company now make us pay for the gas rates of the kerosen!

Nils

PS: also to be noticed: when you wire the payment, please make SURE that all wiring fees are on YOUR side not on ours! grrrr :)

N.

Frankie
Rank 3
Rank 3

sweet 168

Post by Frankie » Wednesday 23 November 2005, 6:25

My new 168 m came today so sweeeeeeet!
Thanks to swoard team
Frankie
TD2s ,Virus Black Death 173,Stealth 172,burners all sizes,Madds,rossi undertaker,4807 o-sin 178 swoard 168m