Swoard in Norway

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Swoard in Norway

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Wednesday 24 November 2004, 11:14

Hi

I am reading from time to time Polish newsgroup related to skiing and snowboarding and recently I read the post of a girl, who was skiing in Tryvann (Oslo) on Saturday and Sunday. One of her notices were: 5 or 6 people riding Swoard - she concluded that this board must be very popular in Norway. Anyway, she was also impressed by their riding level :). Harald were that you ??? :)

Conclusion - even if there's not so many Swoard owners in the world, the board and riding style is so characteristic that other people from the slope will remember you :)

Cheers
Mariusz

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Swoard in Norway

Post by harald » Wednesday 24 November 2004, 15:55

Hi Mariusz,
Thanks :D ! I did not know that anybody outside Norway knew anything about our local area, Tryvann. There are a group of Polish skiers there, that I meet quite often. It is an exaggeration that it was 5-6 Swoards. As far as I know we are two in the Oslo-area owning a Swoard, and one is me, both beiing in Tryvann this week end. Yes, I was there, the other one is Kalle. In addition I saw two other carvers, not on Swoard, but good riders. As you say, it is one benefit of riding carving boards, and especially Swoards, we are so few so people recognize us. When that is said, I have list of 4 or 5 more carvers here wanting to by a Swoard when it comes into production again. It was nice hearing from you and thanks for the compliments. It did not feel that good all the time, but look is important.
Regards,
harald

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 24 November 2004, 16:29

So it means that number of Swoards in Norway will more than double during Oppdal CarvingCamp :clap3:

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Friday 26 November 2004, 8:57

I hope so. Still I do not know how many that will join me to Oppdal but I am working on it. I hope you have snow in Finland now so you can carve this weekend. Otherwise you have to take some days off, leave office and come to Norway. It is snowing outside my office window now and everyting is white.
harald