Help to choose SWOARD EC

Support about extremecarving or freecarve/freeride Swoard boards, hardboots and bindings

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, nils

Jackin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Help to choose SWOARD EC

Post by Jackin » Friday 26 October 2012, 3:17

Hi everybody.

This season I want to buy ma first Swoard EC.
I have some experience by time with freestyle, freeride on snowshoes and spitboarding finally. Almost 162-168cm long boards. Wide.
My data: 175cm, 77kg (no best shape this year)
Raichle SB 324 , mondo 280mm (on sole is writen 303mm).
Binding F2 Carve RS or Burton (old yellow plate, it looks like a turtle shell from above).
I hesitate between take EC 168M or 168H. 77kg is on borderline.

I read a lot of topics here. But (always is some "but") I think on that:
1) I am 33 years old and weight maybe with years comes up (and I loose my wife, probably) - point for 168H.
2) I have a strength in legs, but with years its going down - point for 168M.
3) After accidents with both shoulders dislocated in past I ride in full control in middle speed - no mistake and no headless "jetride". 168H is better for fast speed and bad snow, but I dont need this. Point for 168M.
4) 168M has better icy grip (on morning snow) - on my actual board I dont ride very well (very stiff and wide board primary for freeriding in powder) in this condition yet and I prefer this option with good grip on ice/hard snow, than ride like a hero on afternoon wet groomy slope.
5) Second board I dont buy in next 5-10 years. Shipment in our country (Czech Republic in Europe) is also difficult (friends in swiss or france) or expensive - no offense to SwoardTeam (good job). It must fit at first shot.
6) Another option ?

Thanks for an advice.

Arnaud
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help to choose SWOARD EC

Post by Arnaud » Friday 26 October 2012, 9:22

Hi Jackin

Your analyze (points 1 to 4) is right ! Personnally my size and weight are more or less the same as yours and I ude both 168M + H, even if the last season I used mainly the Hard one.

Your choice depends also of slopes and snow conditions you are facing in your resorts.
- Low / average steepness, good snow conditions ----> 168H will be better
- Very steep slopes, icy conditions ---> 168 M

But don't be afraid, both 168 M and H are versatile boards and will work in every conditions.

Arnaud
Swoard EC Pro2 168H - Swoard EC12 Boots - Gen5 168H - Stoke 162 M

Abrax
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Abrax » Sunday 28 October 2012, 20:18

Hi Jackin,

1: you are right, but it is much better to keep the weight and don't let it to grow ;)
2. yes 168 M is a nice board :-) but the loss of strength is not really that dramatic, unless you make no progress in your technique,
3. With softer board, you generally feel worse with the speed. And another thing that once you learn EC -> speed goes down dramatically,
4. still 168M is better. One more thing -> after changing from soft boots, I would not go for the hardest possible board (Extremecarver is quite soft anyway but in this situation, softer would probably work better to you.
5. shipment to Czech Republic is not that dramatic if we ship from Poland... Please follow swoard.com.pl for further info on sales (I am just working hard on the webpage :-) )
6. Polish Carving Session in the far beginning of January in Poland? Free lessons of carving? Or free lessons of ExtremeCarving? Swoard demo boards? Interested? PM me or check na-krawedzi.pl for further info.

Abrax
www.carvingskills.com
580km in 3 hours and 5 minutes completely legal!!! I love german highways!!!

Jackin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jackin » Monday 29 October 2012, 16:48

OK, thanks a lot, I decide to take 168M from PL dealer (I have no info last year about him, thanks again) and keep my weight and wife.

Good snow.