Swoard ECS 2010 SESSION VII: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Swoard ECS 2010 SESSION VII: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by fivat » Monday 1 February 2010, 20:51

Please, use THIS subject and only THIS one to give your feedback about the Swoard ECS 2010, so the readers do not have to open many subjects... Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------

Back from an amazing last day! :D The slopes were prepared perfectly for us till 1 am in the night. At 8:30: sun, blue sky and hard packed snow for great extremecarving! The riders who had to return to work have missed THE big day! ;-)

Again, many many thanks to all the people who helped Swoard before and during the three days. :bravo: Without them, this event would not exist. :pray2:
Not in alphabetical order: Jean-Pierre, Romain, Franck, Arnaud, Julien, Sylvain, Anthony, Alex, Francesco, Evgeny (Ben), Guy, Andrew, José, Valérie, Christian, Sébastien, Thomas, Tali, Joerg, Nadia, Mallorie, Bernadette, Olivier, Vahur and more (sorry if I missed someone).

And many thanks to all the participants for their good vibes. 8) You are all contributing to a great community I'm proud to belong to.

Highlights of the Swoard ECS 2010:
  • About 230 participants, despite some people could not join because of the snow falls on Friday and the bad conditions for driving.
  • 43 demo boards: 31 Extremecarver and 12 DUAL.
  • Fresh snow on Saturday for testing the new model DUAL. ;-)
  • The sun was back on Sunday and Monday, especially in the morning. 8)
  • More and more Italian and Russian riders joining the event! :D
  • Again, the riders level is still higher and higher! This year I saw more riders with a fluid and smooth (push-pull) style! Bravo!
  • The lessons (with the five EC instructors) were very successful. Special thanks to Arnaud, Sylvain, Anthony, Alex and Evgeny (Ben).
Some pictures and photo group will be published during this week. Thank you for your patience, we have to return to real life! ;-)

We miss you already!

Patrice Fivat

vkrouverk
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by vkrouverk » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 16:41

Some photos attached. More (riding) images to come next week...
Attachments
DSC_3498.jpg
Group photo on Sunday
DSC_3498.jpg (114.07 KiB) Viewed 32566 times
DSC_2223.jpg
Waiting for first lift to Le Col on Sunday.
DSC_2223.jpg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 32566 times
DSC_2214.jpg
Opening of ECS 2010
DSC_2214.jpg (107.74 KiB) Viewed 32566 times
Converting potential energy to kinetic..

Silber

Post by Silber » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 18:21

I apologize...but given the great excitement for this ECS we had already started posting comments and photos...here is the link to the Italian thread!!

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=7022&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

Syldavid
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Syldavid » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 19:10

Francesco, I want to see some photo at Trift after Saturday dinner :wink:

Viviane
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Viviane » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 19:45

Hello you all,
Back at home and already striping the next 361 coming days for the ECS 2011!
It was again a great event! Nice to meet everybody again we learned to know in the previous years! Enchanting to meet new people! The cold and the snow did bring a special effect as we could see on the movie! The never forgetting blue sky and superb slopes on the last day made the closure perfect!
Thank you to ALL (I do not want to forget any person at all) who made this possible! Jacques for his teaching, Arnaud for his lesson, Vahour for the pictures (it suddenly came to me that he's spending the ECS days dragging his camera around and is therefor never able to carve with companions)
Goodbye and until next year to all whom I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to!
I hope you all came home safely because I surely like to see you again in 2011!
Vivane, Noud, Dirk and Rens
viviane

AZ
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoard ECS 2010 SESSION VII: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by AZ » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 21:12

fivat wrote:Please, use THIS subject and only THIS one to give your feedback about the Swoard ECS 2010, so the readers do not have to open many subjects... Thanks!
Patrice - you are right. I had started a thread with "thank yous", so let me repost my thoughts here.
-------------------------
Hello dear Friends:

I am back home after yet another *great* ECS.
I want to thank everybody for their being there, their friendship, advice, (the excellent vodka Very Happy ), and just for being there.

A big THANK YOU to those that did all the organizational work for the event - you all deserved the big applause that we gave you during the Saturday dinner. Thank you once more.

It was great to see some of the friends that I had met in previous editions and to get to know new ones.

Despite the sometime un-cooperating weather and my accident to my shoulder, it was good to be there and I am looking forward to ECS-2011 (when is it going to be? can we book already :D )

See you "soon" then ...
Alessandro - Extreme Carver wannabe
https://goo.gl/photos/WV43HYunDf9xEFcRA

eaglefly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by eaglefly » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 21:36

Viviane wrote:Hello you all,
It was again a great event! Nice to meet everybody again we learned to know in the previous years! Enchanting to meet new people! The cold and the snow did bring a special effect as we could see on the movie! The never forgetting blue sky and superb slopes on the last day made the closure perfect!
Thank you to ALL (I do not want to forget any person at all) who made this possible! Jacques for his teaching, Arnaud for his lesson, Vahour for the pictures (it suddenly came to me that he's spending the ECS days dragging his camera around and is therefor never able to carve with companions)
Goodbye and until next year to all whom I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to!
I share the same feeling :-)
* * * "Carve diem, that's it " * * *

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Tuesday 2 February 2010, 22:19

eaglefly wrote:
Viviane wrote:Hello you all,
I share the same feeling :-)
I couldn't agree more :D :D
Attachments
all-thumbs-up.jpg
all-thumbs-up.jpg (67.62 KiB) Viewed 32373 times
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks for this great event

Post by Roelh » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 9:11

It was top!!!!!!

I hope to meet you all again next year.

Roel

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 10:37

Hi,
I only can subscribe to all the compliments above. It was great and for me personally it is a good feeling that I still can do the laid, linked turns on the steep slopes at my age.
Well, now I am back in Oslo at work and looking out on a snowstorm outside my office window. There has been traffic jam caused by the snow and wind. I rather would have been out on the local slopes testing out the Dual further with softer hardboots (Raichle 324 or 325 with BTS) and bindings (Proflex carve). However, there is much work to be done before the Pokkis's Oppdal camp. The snow is now flooding there too.
Hope to see you all next year.

Kind regards,
harald

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 11:36

:-) as first time participant of the ECS i would like to say to all - this was [CENSORED] incredible!!!

I had many new experiences :-)
  • riding such challenging slopes - really there were a few moments very close to make me clear pants from inside
    making drinks exchages - Arnaud`s grandfather is a great distiller :-) He need to make some new brand like "Extremecarving pear William"
    meeting more than hundred swoarders and good carvers at once
    see harald rocking on the black slopes
    survive in the cabin full of shouting little skiers :-)
So, that worth to be repeated!!

P.S. most of Russian team still there so i wish them to discover fantastic freeride opportunities :-) :-) Gain the forces to increase Russian GDP guys!! :-)
i`m learning

Silber

Post by Silber » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 11:47

Syldavid wrote:Francesco, I want to see some photo at truift after saterday dinner :wink:
Photos from Thrift on saturday night are BANNED from this forum. And are not to be mentioned ever again!

8)

Thanks again to P&J for the fantastic organization and giving us the opportunity to meet and carve all together...can't wait for next one!!!

@ starikashka: thanks again for the awesome vodka...next year I'll bring you some of our good Grappa!!!
Francesco Swoard (1G175M 3G175M020 e 168H054),Wingergun205,Shaman193,TTubeS1/174GS,F2 (RS183'08 e'06/Lancelot/Slbpfl),Virus (Hurric./Dragon),Pogo (Hardc./Imp.),Burton (FP/Speed/PJ/CustomX),WildDuckFantasy, Duret168, OxygenProton168GS

Transistor Rhythm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Transistor Rhythm » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 11:53

We should do a special exchange topic for the next ECS, so everybody can bring the best stuff from their countries 8)

I'm already looking forward to the next ECS, I have many impressions from this session and I'm looking forward to getting back to the mountains to apply all information into my riding :)

AlBert
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fantastic!!!!!

Post by AlBert » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 11:54

Hello you all! For me as new participant to ECS I can only say this: "It was fantastic!" What I liked most (apart of the boarding of course!) was the relaxed and positive attitude of all the participants. From pro to absolute beginner: everyone was willing to make others better. Thank you all for a great event and all the good tips and advises (especially Harald!) and I look forward to seeing you next ECS.

Bert.
When there's wind, build windmills, not windscreens!

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Wednesday 3 February 2010, 12:39

Silber wrote: @ starikashka: thanks again for the awesome vodka...next year I'll bring you some of our good Grappa!!!
Hehe :-) We tried to reduce a number of people on the slopes - so, we were not succesful :-) Next time vodka should be better :-) It means more :-)

Vine was also very good :-) Thanks :-) So now i have another reason - try good grappa which i never tried :-) I`m still under strong impression about Arnaud`s grandfather pear William drink..
i`m learning