GoPro camera feedback?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

GoPro camera feedback?

Post by hera » Sunday 8 November 2009, 22:46

Hi,

Someone used GoPro Wide camera? Any wintertime feedback would be useful (how does it work at low temp....).

The samples videos of HD camera looks great, especilally surf and jumping. I have to buy one... 8O

http://www.goprocamera.com/products

Adrian
F2 RS WC

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Monday 9 November 2009, 19:56

i`m learning

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hera » Tuesday 10 November 2009, 22:15

Thanks!
F2 RS WC

sebhennery
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by sebhennery » Tuesday 10 November 2009, 23:13

You have buy the hd helmet pro or not hd ?? And how many ??
On ne juge pas un homme sur le nombre de fois qu'il tombe mais sur le nombre de fois qu'il se relève

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hera » Thursday 12 November 2009, 20:05

sebhennery wrote:You have buy the hd helmet pro or not hd ?? And how many ??
I just ordered one GoPro Helmet Wide HD from States. I don't intend to use the helmet accesories :) ... but who knows? Hope it will arrive in time for the early december session.
F2 RS WC

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Thursday 12 November 2009, 22:16

hera wrote:
sebhennery wrote:You have buy the hd helmet pro or not hd ?? And how many ??
I just ordered one GoPro Helmet Wide HD from States. I don't intend to use the helmet accesories :) ... but who knows? Hope it will arrive in time for the early december session.
So, have you seen "speed" video on youtube, i was really impressed...very unusual way of showing riding process - i`d like when camera looks behind the rider.
i`m learning

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hera » Saturday 14 November 2009, 23:19

Yes, nice video "speed". I have almost forgot how much fun you can get on 38 slope in Solden.
F2 RS WC

starikashka
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by starikashka » Sunday 15 November 2009, 20:18

hera wrote:Yes, nice video "speed". I have almost forgot how much fun you can get on 38 slope in Solden.
I prefer 25th :-) I`s what is needed to replace "Pampers"
i`m learning

pstalder900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pstalder900 » Monday 7 December 2009, 21:42

I've ordered a Gopro HD helmet cam too. And I hope it comes soon enough so I can put it under my christmas tree ;-)

They really have quite impressive promo videos on the official website (it's rather hard to belive these videos comes from a 300 bucks camera).
I'd be very happy to have comparable video quality in my future own made videos and not as shaky as this...

As soon as my first Swoard videos are made I'm going to post the youtube-link here.

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hera » Monday 7 December 2009, 23:57

They have also an interesting shootout in Testimonials section, posted 1 week ago: 300 usd vs 4500 usd camera 8O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWSZcf ... r_embedded
F2 RS WC

hera
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hera » Monday 21 December 2009, 23:26

pstalder900 wrote:I've ordered a Gopro HD helmet cam too. And I hope it comes soon enough so I can put it under my christmas tree ;-)

They really have quite impressive promo videos on the official website (it's rather hard to belive these videos comes from a 300 bucks camera).
I'd be very happy to have comparable video quality in my future own made videos and not as shaky as this...

As soon as my first Swoard videos are made I'm going to post the youtube-link here.
The quality of the videos are truly amazing even at 720p (recomended for shooting in movement). Even if the movie is shaky, you can check this out: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list? ... A5D71713F0. The camera was mounted on helmet with elastic straps and its positions was very flexible. Youtube compresion is dramatic... :cry:
I think that the still pictures looks quite good too. Maybe a bit noisy but overall impresive quality for such a tiny and versatile camera http://picasaweb.google.ro/doktor.hera/ ... 5523168306
I hope I will improve my shooting skills in january :wink:
F2 RS WC

pstalder900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pstalder900 » Monday 28 December 2009, 14:40

Finally I got the GoPro cam :-) I already used it once.

Youtube Clip

My first impressions:
- the cam is surprisingly small
- the menu is a bit strange to handle, especially because there are only two buttons
- there are many mounting accessories included, but unfortunately non to stick properly on the helmet (wrong radius), I had to cast one out of resin.
- The video quality is very impressive, a huge field of view (leads to distortion).
- But I never knew for sure, whether the cam is on, in which mode it is and whether it is recording... I always had to remove it from the helmet to see. That's rather tedious.

I still have to figure out how I could mount the cam on my board. The sticky mount was not strong enough and the cam flew away :-(
Next time I try the suction cup, even it is not recommended for snowboards and surfboards by GoPro...