helmets and body armour

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

rikytheripster
Rank 2
Rank 2

helmets and body armour

Post by rikytheripster » Monday 24 November 2003, 19:18

Hi all,

am off to the slopes from england in 3 weeks and as i will be riding my new setup for the first time- prior wcr185 + cateks i reckon i might just kill myself. Now my 1st question is:

1) helmet- pros and cons?- and recomendations.
2)Body armour- pros and cons?- recomendations

Thanks for any replies

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Monday 24 November 2003, 22:51

I wear a helmet from RED and kneeprotection and back en button protectiongear from Dainese, all bought in a superstore from Dainese in Dusseldorf, Germany. You can also buy these stuff from www.blue-tomato.at . I think Dainese makes very wearable proctectiongear. I am very satisfied. It's a little expensive, but good quality. (and if you are living in the UK you can buy the stuff with www.snowandrock.co.uk , as I understood from your topic).

Greets, Hans.

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Protection gear

Post by harald » Tuesday 25 November 2003, 9:11

Hi,
I use a Dainese ski helmet. It is quite expensive but very light, only 300 g. Besides it is warm and comfortable. Wearing a helmet, makes me relax and gives me confidence to be aggressive in the turns. Besides, you never know when an accident happens so it is a good insurance. I also wear wristguards to protect the wrists. Broken wrists are one of the most common accidents in snowboarding and should be unneccessary with properwristprotection. The ones that I use is originally meant for inline skating. I wear them outside my gloves, so they also provide protection for the gloves and a hard and good sliding surface for EC.
harald

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Tuesday 25 November 2003, 15:54

HI
I think that the helmet and the body armor is the best for our protection.

Respect the body armor I was in competition of motocross.

Dainesse is a good body armor but is expensive and perhaps not sufficient strong, is a body armor which is base on road motorcicle thinking in slide.

HEBO is better for me, is comfy and the proteccion of this is very strong and his mobilyti is very good and is more cheap, is a body armor thinking for the impact not for slide how dainesse.

HAVE FUN!

Pux
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pux » Thursday 27 November 2003, 15:09

Hi Sito,
Which one you are using? Integral, defender .....

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Thursday 27 November 2003, 17:23

Hi Pux

It' s integral, elbow,shoulder,back.chest and have the corset to adjust to the waist.

moreover the elbow-patch have an strip band to adjust you to the forearm for don't remove it when you ride.

all the pices elbow.......are in plastic for protect you against impact.

his volumen is the same that daineese