Alpine in Austria

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

jakS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Alpine in Austria

Post by jakS » Tuesday 4 November 2003, 17:45

hey ho thanks patrice and jaques for this propably best alpine boarding site in the net. Your style seems to be not to far from perfect. I read in the forum that people say that austria is THE home of alpine riders. I am from austria and can't tell how it is in different countries but unfortunately the alpine scene is not that big in austria. I would guess that only about 10-20% of the boarders you would see on the slopes are racers. one reason might be that freestyle is seen as cooler by many people and the other reason i think is that freeriding is much confier, it's not that exhausting. I have been riding for seven years now and can say that I'm pretty good right now, not as good as you guys though. I think it really sucks that the alpine style has been and is still being overwhelmed by thefreestyle. Burton and other firms left the market. my opinion is that there is only one company left that produces really good raceboards: F2. You board also seems really intresting to me but it is far to expensive. well anyway greetings from austria have an awesome winter
jakS

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hallo jaks

Post by nils » Tuesday 4 November 2003, 18:04

Well here it is more like 1-2% of the riders on alpine (france) so you see the difference!!

Nils

LBK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LBK » Thursday 6 November 2003, 1:38

you guys are lucky for having even 1%....
in canada, it's more like 0.1% or less.....

SITO
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by SITO » Thursday 6 November 2003, 9:49

In spain it's the same.
but yesterday said me my friends Jandro, that perhaps this situacion can be unit more all the people that practice this modality in danger of extinction, and this will join us, in form of concentration, forum etc,
but in the pistes people look us how something rare.
An hibrid between snows and skis something non defining.
the unic problem will be to get material, but the important is practice EC ,
AND ENJOY wthith some friend that practice it.(I contant only with two jandro and borja, thanks to this forum, but I would like more people to practice it , in my country.This is only the beginning..........)