Extremecarving photo's and video's

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Extremecarving photo's and video's

Post by ablazespy » Saturday 25 October 2003, 20:15

Hi All,

Everybody in the forum is talking about how good J & P look on the pictures ECing! but I also want to congradulate them on the picture and video quality !

Here is my question, I am not a bad photographer myself, but when I ride, I need other people to take pictures of me. Can you write down tips on how you shoot pictures and video while somebody is coming down the hill?? And what kind of equiptment do you use? Also comments from others are appriciated!
The technique of ECing is the most important :D , but a nice picture of yourself to remember or to look at, to improve your technique is even better !!!! :lol:

Thanx before hand!!!!!!
Greetz Dènis :twisted: :twisted:

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

About the pictures

Post by fivat » Tuesday 28 October 2003, 13:08

Hello Dènis,

Thank you for your compliments.
For the pictures, we use a digital still camera from Sony, 3.3 Megapixels. Sony is expensive, but they use Carl Zeiss lens that are really excellent!

I would say that a good EC photographer must be firstly a good EC rider :-) Indeed, when I shoot a picture of Jacques, I know precisely when it's the best time to press the button (it's difficult with a digital camera because of the delay time :-(). I also know the EC trajectory and where I should be placed to get a nice view angle.

The best way to improve yourself is to shoot videos. Jacques has a Canon digital camera, with an important feature: optical image stabilization! (numerical image stabilization is bad)

Patrice Fivat

neil_swingler
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by neil_swingler » Tuesday 28 October 2003, 19:57

I know some Canon cameras have a progressive shooting mode. Do you have that and use it? I ask because to me the wmv version of the latest movie looks like it is interlaced (might be why the quicktime version looks better).

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Thursday 30 October 2003, 18:13

Hi Patrice, which Sony camcorder are you using exactly? I am thinking about buying one, too. Most people recommended the Sony PC-series to me.

Greetz, Eduard.

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Thursday 30 October 2003, 20:27

audacium wrote:Hi Patrice, which Sony camcorder are you using exactly? I am thinking about buying one, too. Most people recommended the Sony PC-series to me.

Greetz, Eduard.
Hi, Eduard

I am using the PC 100 for 5 years now with Excellent Sonytapes. The pictures/film quality is superb. I use an extra greylensefilter type ND 4 from the brand HAMA (Sony is very expensive with filters and so on) for filming in the sun or snow. The audio of this camera is bad, so I use an external mic or sometimes an external mic on the camera. I believe they now have the PC 101 or the PC 102 with blue tooth. Don't make the mistake to go smaller, because you can't hold the camera steady because of its little weight. And you always buy some accessoires with it. Like a bigger lense, an extra batterypack and so on. So If you can have your hands on an (older) type like the 101 or 102 with discount, I had say, take it. (tip: JVC is cheaper, but the quality is less good than the Sony).

Greetings, Hans.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Friday 31 October 2003, 0:16

audacium wrote:Hi Patrice, which Sony camcorder are you using exactly?
To shoot pictures, I use a Sony Cyber-shot 3.3 Megapixels, model DSC-S70. It's 3-4 years old already!
To shoot videos, Jacques has a camcorder Canon MV20.

Patrice Fivat

audacium
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by audacium » Friday 31 October 2003, 1:11

Thnx Hans, I have heard excellent reviews of the Sony PC-series, so your recommendation reinforces this impression. I do not know this Canon Camcorder, but I will check it out somewhere,
(Only problem: almost all people I know use Sony PC-camcorders, so having another model or even another brand often causes portability problems...)

Greetings, Eduard.