Speedster GTS or SL

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Speedster GTS or SL

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Friday 24 October 2003, 11:47

Hi

I have opportunity to buy Speedster GTS at a good price.
Currently I'm carving on F2 Eliminator 164 cm (big width, 8.6 radius, 135 cm running edge).
I can buy F2 GTS 166 cm (20cm width, 9.8 radius, 147 cm running edge). Will that board allow me to extend my carving skills ?
Width is not so bad, radius is almost 10 (better than Nidecker Proto's 8.6).
Will I be able to lay down similar to Patrice and Jacques ? :)

Do someone ride F2 Speedster SL or GTS ? Are they any good for extremecarving ?

BR
Mariusz

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Well...

Post by skywalker » Friday 24 October 2003, 12:49

Hi,

For sure the GTS is much better for extremecarving than the RS or S. One reason fpr that ist the greater width, the oter is the softer flex, which will alloy You to carve more deeply. My little sister is riding a GTS 156 and it's not a bad board, I only think, it's torsional stiffness is to weak. But it isn't a really superb board, too, in my opinion. So, if You can get one really cheap and if You can't efford a sword, it will be worth a try ;))

Have fun!

Tom

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 Speedster GTS

Post by harald » Friday 24 October 2003, 15:54

I have both a F2 Speedster GTS, RS and a Swoard. My GTS is 158 and bought is since I learned to carve on a giant slalom board (not the F2 RS). The GTS improved my general riding abilities dramatically as it is very easy to turn and forgiving. It works best in softer conditions (not ice) and moderate speeds. It is a good board for training short turns and when the space is limited. I have not tried laid down turns as I think it will turn too quickly. The Swoard (168 hard) is more stable when the speed increases and gives more confidence for driving hard. The longer radius combined with the torsional stiffness invites to experiment with the EC turns. My conlcusion is that Swoard requires some experience in carving. The GTS is very good for a beginner/intermediate carver for developing general carving abilities and is a very easy and fun board to ride under most conditions.
harald