UPS Boots

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

UPS Boots

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Friday 10 October 2003, 0:45

Hi

EC Equipment completing in progress. Today I've received F2 Race Titanium bindings and now I am going to buy UPS hardboots.
I have two choices UPS X-MACH and UPS RX-MACH (price is the same).

Has anyone experience with that boots ? Which should I choose ?
I know that RX are stiffer that X...

Mariusz

Pux
Rank 2
Rank 2

UPS boots

Post by Pux » Saturday 11 October 2003, 14:48

Hi Mariusz,

I bought the UPS RSV last year and they broke (tongue) after 5 days of riding. Even I had a replacement, I bought AF600 at the end of the season as well.

Both of them looks good, yet tongue of UPS is much softer. The feeling is that all the forces keeping the ankles goes from the spring system. For Richle AF600, in other hand, I cant feel that ankle is just kept by one point at the behind. It seems that whole boot (including the tongue) keeps the ankle. Nevetheless, performance of AF600 might be better I still use UPS because it fits a little bit better. When I will get custom inner boot for AF600 things may change.

Censequently, comparing these boots I would sugest to choose boot that fits better, no heel lift, and your feets feel better. Even with the difference in boots performance it is more important. Additionally, keep the money for custom inner boot. Termo flex is not a solution because after some hours of riding it becomes a little bit loose.

Normunds

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Wednesday 15 October 2003, 13:16

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
Finally I purchased UPS RX-MACH boots.

Now I only need a good board :)

Mariusz