EC Equipment

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

EC Equipment

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Tuesday 7 October 2003, 13:41

HI

I'm looking for a EC equipment or at least equipment that is close to it.

Bindings: I might have problems with getting F2 Race Titanium, so what about other F2 bindings: FreeCarve or Carve RS ? Are they good ?

Boots: I'll probably purchase UPS hard boots.

Board: I can't afford ExtremeCarver, so I'm looking for a cheaper equivalent.

Do you know any boards that are close to it ?

Mariusz

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: EC Equipment

Post by fivat » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 0:37

Mariusz.Zamojski wrote:Board: I can't afford ExtremeCarver, so I'm looking for a cheaper equivalent.
8O There is NO equivalent, simply!

Why have I been riding for many years with Jacques' prototypes and now with the Swoard Extremecarver? With cheaper boards (why are are they cheaper, in your opinion?) I would have been disgusted by the alpine snowboarding like too many riders.
(well... actually there are Burton and Nidecker boards very expensive if you wish)

Read the very enthusiastic feedbacks of the first owners of the Swoard.
Burn your expensive quiver, and get a Swoard :wink:

Patrice Fivat, who is looking for a cheaper BMW equivalent :)

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Off topic

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 18:15

Looking for a cheaper BMW equivalent ? Get Miata, it guarantees even more fun. :D

Mariusz.Zamojski
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mariusz.Zamojski » Thursday 9 October 2003, 0:14

Hi
fivat wrote: With cheaper boards (why are are they cheaper, in your opinion?)
First of all I read opinions about Swoard on beforehand and I won't doubt this board is perfect and worth its price. :)
I live in Poland and for the Swoard price I can get there for example almost 2 brand new F2 Spedster 03/04 boards. It looks like global board producers have special prices for different regions and here in Poland all the boards are rather cheaper. Probably in West Europe global brands (F2, Burton, Nidecker...) have prices similiar to Swoard.

There were posts on this forum that some boards are close to EC, someone mentioned that Burton FP 178 is good. I was thinking if there are other such examples...

Mariusz

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

MMMM!!!

Post by ablazespy » Thursday 9 October 2003, 18:07

For example the F2 speedter has a lower grade of running base(cheaper) and does not have anything like the caracteristics from the Swoard! and yes the prices do differ per region.
I ride F2 too so there is nothing against the brand, but my Swoard is underway, as I just could not find a better or cheaper replacement!!
If there is one at all!!

I can gice you one tip, www.blackholesnowboards.com they have 2 kind of alpine boards, cheap and very good boards to START layingdown turns. But still not all that!!

hope you can make a choice!!

Cheers Ablazespy

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Thursday 9 October 2003, 19:38

Mariusz.Zamojski wrote:There were posts on this forum that some boards are close to EC, someone mentioned that Burton FP 178 is good. I was thinking if there are other such examples...
I had mentionned once (or twice) the Nidecker Proto, that I liked.
But there is no comparison with the Swoard! Except the price! So that board is not cheaper, and not equivalent! Argh! :wink:

Patrice Fivat