toe/hellift for F2 Race?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

toe/hellift for F2 Race?

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 1 October 2003, 10:43

Hi,

I'm still riding with the old F2 race bindings (not the titanium ones) and won't be able to buy an other one before the winter. I did some riding with different settings of my right and left boot last winter, but it does not work properly, so I want to ask You guys: Is there some toe/hellift offered by F2 for this bindings? Does anybody know, where I can find some?

Or in the other way: Is there a possibility to drive these bindings without the 3° canting, which would be even better? Thanks a lot for Your help!

greetz

Tom

saso
Rank 2
Rank 2

new bindings offer you much more

Post by saso » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 13:06

Hi!

Yes, the new ones do have toe/hellift settings. And you can also use them without 3° canting inserts. I am talking about F2 titanium race bindings. One of the best things about the new series of F2 bindings is just that . They are made out of many parts. 3° canting insert are just that. Inserts. You can either use them or not. So are the toe/heellift inserts. Use them or not. It's up to you.
But they do have one huge disadvantage. They are very wide in toe and heel section and you have to use very steep angles if you want your binding to be inside the boards width. I missed that when I was buying them so now I have a bit of a problem.
But I will work it out eventually.

Saso

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

nice answer...

Post by skywalker » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 19:22

but to another question I guess. :evil: Thanks a lot anyway... it's good to know, that it is possible with tha ones I DON'T have :? :?

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Heellift

Post by ablazespy » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 19:42

Try getting the burton heellift plate(from the old race plated binding), be sure to buy the 4 holes type. Otherwise your old f2 binding will not fit and the plate will not fit your board. It works I have used the heelift plate myself. But took it away as I like riding without the plates better. Don't know why but somewhere on the forum it is explained!! hope this helpes you better :wink: :wink:

greetz :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: