Push Pull skwaller

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Sammyboy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Push Pull skwaller

Post by Sammyboy » Friday 19 September 2003, 16:00

:D
Hello EC Team,
Last year I discovered your internet site and forum. I am not an EC boarder, but I'm doing my turns on a skwal. Nevertheless I'm also searching for this EC feeling.
Thanks to your clear information and interesting topics, I tried the push pull technik on the slopes of the 'Hintertuxer Gletscher' in Austria, a carving paradise. After some days of burning legs, I had exactly the feeling you descriped: Total control in all snow circumstances.
Even in hated pumbs, I good carve my way down, instead of struggle my way down.
On red and steeper slopes I could do shorter turns, so that I had a better control of my speed.

Although I'm skwalling, it still works!!

Thanks a lot!!!

an enthusiatic EC fan,

Cheers,
Sam

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

thnx sam

Post by nils » Friday 19 September 2003, 16:19

well we will try to join the carving-session.com this winter at one occasion at least :) hope the skwalers will be there > skwal is fun too I liked it :)

N.

pete
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pete » Saturday 20 September 2003, 13:21

did I hear Skwal here?? :D

I am a "skwaler" myself abut i didnt get to try the push pull technique on skwal last year (i didnt skwal last year). But i understand that it might bring some kind of a change.

And now, a little bit of advertisement ;)
Just so you know, you'll be able to talk about skwal also on SkwalZone.org. Although the english section isn't actually really active, quite a few of us can spewk/write in english! The website will also be both in english and french.

Hope to see you there!

pete
Skwalzone.org: French/English Speaking Skwal Community.

Skwaleur, Stations proches Chambéry.

chillaxin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chillaxin » Wednesday 1 October 2003, 8:05

Hi Sammyboy,

I Skwal too. I own a 173 carving skwal (the red one). I have experimented with the push-pull technique last year, but still have problems to get this down, but do feel the difference between the "normal" technique and the push-pull. I guess it's just a matter of practice :wink:

Regards,

Chillaxin