Quivers> What do u ride?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

The Rock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by The Rock » Monday 10 February 2003, 11:48

Hi SLM,
Jean Francois answered the question for me. The expression quiver is used a lot in the English forums ie: Bomberonline.com. It represent all your boards together at one time. I have a hard time to control myself and I want to try everything so I keep upgrading and changing my (quiver) Snowboarding is a passion for me. :lol:

sml
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sml » Monday 10 February 2003, 12:07

Snowboarding is a passion for me too. Doesn't mean I can afford to spend all my money in it :)

However, I'm curious. For those of you who have different board of the same kind (ie a Rossi Race AND a Proton AND a FP), how do you choose to ride one from the other ?

I understand the will to have different kinds of boards, for different kinds of use (Pipe, Deep powder, carving, race, etc..). But why several of the same kind ? I'll keep my FP until it is worn out and looses all its flex, and then I'll go for another board.

Guess I am not "owning/consuming-oriented" enough :)

sml.
EC3D 175M/TD2 - Stratos Pro (ACSS) /==/ Dual 175/Diode - Malamute

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

its resumed in one word> collection

Post by nils » Monday 10 February 2003, 13:34

Im' also keeping old boards like my rossi race 159 for stone days where i know it will be a nightmare for my Swoard. The board i haven't decided to keep or sale is my 172 proton....should it be kept there as a future vintage classic, or shall i sale it..??
Its true that it was hard to choose from before i had the EC.. now the choice is made :) and when there is pow its the swallowtail...!

nils

The Rock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by The Rock » Monday 10 February 2003, 21:21

Although some boards are for the same purpose they still ride differently. Some are better for the carving only. Some are better for the mixed stuff that will include some carving and if the conditions go sour you can still have fun.
I know changing board often sound expensive but it is not that bad. First I almost allways buy second hand. Carver tend to be more serious people and usually take good care of their equipment and keep it in good condition. Then I sell one board to buy another wich makes the cost in the end quite small.
I usually try and change for something that I think will be better or different so there is never (almost) any regret. My riding pleasure is always increasing. It does not matter if I dont have a museum piece because the new board rides fantastic and keeps me very busy.

By changing often you give someone else the opportunity to get a board in good shape and a good value. If you keep it to long it loses value and you have to pay a big chunk of cash for the next one. I am not professing that everyone do this, only that changing often is not as expensive as it appears and satisfy's the child in me.
Larry (The Rock) Larocque

weiland
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by weiland » Monday 10 March 2003, 22:22

how do you think about HOT BLAST ?! or HOT LOGICAL (asymmetric)?
PROTON is a bit too stiff for my flavour...