You miss the snow? --> Photos preview...

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

You miss the snow? --> Photos preview...

Post by fivat » Saturday 21 June 2003, 12:37

I never forget that the 21st June is a great day: today it's the summer solstice!

:arrow: From now the daylights become shorter and shorter, winter is approaching :lol:

Actually winter is already beginning for the lucky Chileans, Argentinians, New Zealanders, ...
Some riders are carving the slopes with SWOARD boards in these countries, right now :!:

If you miss the snow, don’t look at the following photos ;-)
They are a preview of the "Winter 2003" pictures (coming very soon), shown specially for all of you who still visit the Forum in summer :-)

-Patrice Fivat

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hans » Saturday 21 June 2003, 23:07

Nice carves, Patrice

But at first I am going to have a nice :D long summer holiday in the french Alpes for the whole next month (walking in the mountains, do some windsurfing as well! at the lake of Serre Poncon near Gap).
Nice pictures though, I can't wait to try my new Swoard 168 Hard in the coming season at the mountains of Schladming and Haus (Austria).

Greetings, Hans a carver from Holland, Rotterdam.

(I am looking forward to see more of your Swoardpictures of 2003!)

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

wheeeehehehe!! I want Snow!!!

Post by ablazespy » Sunday 22 June 2003, 21:39

Hi guys,

Great pics, you made me long for the winter even more now, maybe I take a trip to a glacier this summer. But can't wait to ride the Swoard next Winter. And yes we want the winter 2003 pics. To extreme dream and feel happy at night :wink: :wink: :wink:

prydenr54
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by prydenr54 » Monday 14 July 2003, 19:35

Mmmm....... starting countdown for winter !! Can't wait starting riding again. Meanwhile I'm planning a trip for december to go windsurfing South-Africa. Anyone got some xperience or info ??

Please help me with some advice about the following: I'm riding a F2 speedster SL 163 but after hitting a stone my steel edge on the left side of my board (backside in my case) got loose by the cap construction for about 20 centimeters. I'm told the board is not to be repaired anymore. I'm glad the insurance company paid me back but now I'm forced to make some choices about my board. What am I best to do? By a new one (and in that case which one) or continue riding the damaged speedster? I already started looking for a F2 Silberpfeil 168, anyone got some good or bad xperience with this (by F2 called) extremecarving board?

Thnx, keep on riding untill you drop.
Carving makes the world go round !!

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Hey there :)

Post by nils » Monday 14 July 2003, 22:44

well south africa first> been there for a small surf trip: awsome, dangerous but really incredible. I was mostly in capetown area, not near Jeffrey's so can't say a word about the wind there (must be ok) also namibia has awsome winds and waves i have heard. I saw very very few windsurfers there in the cape area thu...

Bout F2> its good boards but by no means are those boards extreme carving boards by our standards.... We have yet to see someone doing the same turns on a F2 !!! Its more race boards than EC boards! they are too narrow and too stiff

Have fun !!

nils

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

F2 silberpfeil 168

Post by ablazespy » Tuesday 15 July 2003, 17:32

Hi prydenr54,

I am one of the lucky owners of the F2 Silberpfeil 168, it is a great board to ride on and you can do Extreme turns on it, But linking the turn like J&P and also Nils do with the Swoard is a problem. The board is just too damn narrow(unless you have foot size 38 ). Further more the board cuts like a knife and takes your technique to a higher level. So make a choice!

P.S. almost every smal delam can be repaired so try to repair you board with locktite or epoxy.

GREETZ Ablazespy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

outsider
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by outsider » Saturday 19 July 2003, 1:22

i am missing the snow, but thankfully i will be at Mt. hood in a week for two weeks of riding. starting to get the itch, my mountainboard isnt doing it for me anymore. on snow in a little more than a week, i cant wait.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Glaciers conditions

Post by fivat » Monday 21 July 2003, 14:01

outsider wrote:i am missing the snow, but thankfully i will be at Mt. hood in a week for two weeks of riding.
How are the snow conditions on the glaciers of USA?
Here in Europe (especially in Switzerland and France) the temperatures are so high for months that the conditions are really bad on the glaciers... We had not seen this for 150 years!!! :cry: It has almost not rained (and snowed on the glaciers) for 4 months! It's even dangerous for the alpinists: many places are completely icy though they are usually covered by snow...

outsider
Rank 1
Rank 1

some, but less and less each day

Post by outsider » Saturday 16 August 2003, 3:35

Just got back yesterday, and i have to say that 2 and a half weeks cured the summer depression :D

the palmer snowfield is the only remaining rideable snow other than the parks and pipes left. the salt holds it together to about 11:00, after which you have to fight the bumps and soft spots. the snow on the lanes was awesome (for august) :roll:

Everyday new sections of rock appeared, allowing for an interesting ride twoards the bottom of the lifts, but if you can dodge people on a crouded day, the stationary rocks didnt prove to be a problem.