Rare powder

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Rare powder

Post by fivat » Thursday 10 April 2003, 23:52

What a strange 2003 season!

Here in Switzerland (and probably in France, Italia and Austria too?), we got almost NO fresh snow during 2 months. It has snowed only 10-20 cm in most of the resorts from February to April! Such a bad luck had not happenend for 50 years!! Fortunately the beginning of the season was much better (above 2000 m)...

So, freeriding in deep and fresh powder was rare this winter. And extremecarving was the rule :P

Finally it has snowed yesterday: this week-end should be nice. But it's April already, and only the north faces are worth enough for good freeriding...

-Patrice Fivat

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Proud!

Post by ablazespy » Friday 11 April 2003, 10:15

Hi I am proud to tell you as a Dutch guy, that I 've got the oppertunity to leave this afternoon(11april) to France Saturday 12 april Risoul, sunday 13 april serre chevalier, monday 14 april Alp d'huez. I am one of the lucky ones! EC-ing before the summer starts. Thanks J, P & N and ALL for giving more to enjoy this winter!!

GReetz Ablazespy / Dènis

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

fell so much popow that its going to be hard to EC!!

Post by nils » Saturday 12 April 2003, 9:30

hehe take a swallowtail instead :) there is 50cm of pow everywhere here in northern alps!!
Nils

ablazespy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Powpowpow

Post by ablazespy » Tuesday 15 April 2003, 13:58

Hi Nils you are right there was powder every where and thenb slopes were better than other times this years. I've hit some offpiste, but most of the time I cut the slopes open! It was great. I have found a new carving place in serre chevalier!!!!!!!!! Near Mea (top of Villeneuve)..