Metering the push

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

carvester
Rank 1
Rank 1

Metering the push

Post by carvester » Saturday 8 March 2003, 9:30

When you do the push after the edge change, is the push done quickly and extended or is it better to time it so the push lasts till the end of the turn?
I noticed sometimes i blow out of turns toward the end, the push being exhausted before this point. If the push is done early in the arc, how to keep pressure on the board the reat of the way?
Thanks

carvester
Rank 1
Rank 1

lateral force

Post by carvester » Saturday 8 March 2003, 13:07

By the way , as the carve is totally laid out, is there also lateral force pushing the board into the snow along with the push?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

push push

Post by nils » Sunday 9 March 2003, 22:52

the way i do it is pretty early in the turn, just after the edge change ( which, if you noticed, happens very late before the turn> means you're entering a frontside from the backside really and vice versa).
Then i push /extend legs and the pressure of both legs and G's apply on the edges, then the board sticks on the edges till the end of the carve, where you feel time has come for the push and going up again, almost naturally... see on the banner above how patrice is extended, he has done a good third of his carve, and legs will remain like this until the board is parralel to the horizontal of the slope...

About the exhaust feel of it, its true that the end of the turn you feel the push effect is gone, thus time for the pull :)