springs for Northwave boots

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

springs

Post by Hans » Wednesday 17 November 2004, 21:50

rcrobar wrote:Hi Hans

I decided not to do the modification, sorry about the poor wording in my previous post.

I didn't build a longer 'rod' because I could not find a spring that was the same size as the stock yellow NW spring .... and STIFFER. My intention was to make the 'rod' exactly the same size/diameter as the original, only longer.

Pray for snow :)
Rob
Hi, Rob

I have a link where you can order those springs, exactly the same as they use for the Northwaves. I have ordered a set for myself, the blue and yellow ones, double, so I can experiment a lot. I also ordered a double set for SITO to send him. May be you can find a supplier in the USA or I will send you some. Have send a pdf to your email.

http://www.assocspring.co.uk/index.asp and the dutch site
http://www.amatec.nl/informatie.html
http://www.assocspring.com

Greets, Hans

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Thursday 18 November 2004, 9:38

Hi Rob,
Many thanks for your very detailed and instructive answer. You confirmed my plan of starting to get accustomed to the boots without
modification and then proceed step by step. If softer springs than the blue ones are needed perhaps the green ones that are described in the Raymond catalogue will do. Hopefully, I can find some similar from a local dealer here.

Yesterday, the first snow came and it is cold enough for snow production. So if this weather stays for some days, the first local slopes will soon open.Then I can start the testing and report back my experiences.

Regards,
harald

Matt
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Matt » Thursday 18 November 2004, 10:03

harald wrote:Hi Rob,
Yesterday, the first snow came and it is cold enough for snow production. So if this weather stays for some days, the first local slopes will soon open.Then I can start the testing and report back my experiences.
Harald:

You can't imagine how many of us envy you, you lucky northern guy!!

:xmas:
M@.
SWOARD 168H / BLAST 162 / Burton Race / SB324

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

First snow

Post by harald » Thursday 18 November 2004, 11:44

Hi Matt,
Matt wrote:You can't imagine how many of us envy you, you lucky northern guy!!
Yes you can be envious. Now it is confirmed on the website of our local area just outside the living room (15 minutes by car), that the first slope, an easy one, opens Saturday morning, perhaps already Friday evening.

Regards,
harald

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 18 November 2004, 11:52

You should envy even more guys even more north, in area where we will have our Oppdal Carving camp. They got 100 cm new snow during early part this week 8)
viewtopic.php?t=982

yes i envy also them cause we dont have any natural snow here either :evil:

Matt
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: First snow

Post by Matt » Friday 19 November 2004, 10:32

harald wrote:Hi Matt,
Matt wrote:You can't imagine how many of us envy you, you lucky northern guy!!
Yes you can be envious. Now it is confirmed on the website of our local area just outside the living room (15 minutes by car), that the first slope, an easy one, opens Saturday morning, perhaps already Friday evening.
Hello Harald!!

It has started to snow here also, check in Zinal!!!

viewtopic.php?t=979

:twisted: :vamp: :bravo: :clap2: :tongue:
M@.
SWOARD 168H / BLAST 162 / Burton Race / SB324

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Monday 22 November 2004, 10:11

Hi Matt,
I hope that there soon will be a lot of snow in Zinal and other places so the season can start. Natural snow is best.
By the way, the first impression of the Northwave boots was good, without any modification. However, no EC as the slope was blue and pretty crowded, so more accomodation and tests have to be done.

Regards,
harald

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 25 November 2004, 10:37

Here is btw link to company who is providing springs for me:
http://www.lesjoforsab.com/language_select.asp

harald
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by harald » Friday 26 November 2004, 9:10

Hi Pokkis,
Many thanks for the link. I also have already found this supplier myself and ordered springs in almost every colour of the rainbow for testing. The company has a local subsidiary here. Their die springs have the same specs as the Raymond springs and I have ordered two green 38 mm, two blue 38 mm, two red 25 mm, and two yellow 25 mm. The springs were quite cheap, abt 2,25 Euros per piece. When the springs arrive, I think I have wide selection of springs for testing and modification. I will report how it works for me.
harald

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 26 November 2004, 10:31

%.5 hours more and i will be on snow :D
But my new spring sets will arrive next week, so i will be able test only modification with springs used last winter, length 66 mm, new ones will be 80 mm.
But main issue is been able get 3 days on snow this weekend :clap2: