edge change timing

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

carvester
Rank 1
Rank 1

edge change timing

Post by carvester » Saturday 22 February 2003, 12:32

Hi guys,
I noticed in extreme dreamer that there seems to be a slight pause before you go into the heelside turn. Going into toe side however it is snappier almost violent. Am i right? if so why?
I have adopted the push pull turn (because of this site,thanks) and it is feeling really comfortable. My problem is that i can't quite seem to get my body totally laid out on the snow. I am rotating enough (i think) maybe too much on heelside because of my 58/58 stance angles.Any pointers are appreciated, thanks.

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

hi carvetester, and welcome !

Post by nils » Saturday 22 February 2003, 14:40

Indeed heelside EC's are trickier to do, at least for me, so i tend to be more cautious and less violent in the way i go down on the snow on the backside... The frontside> depending on your stamina, and philosophy, there are many ways to go down for the EC.. i Find the feeling much more fun when i just jump down on the snow like if i want to hurt myself, and from there feeling the edge grip and turn around my head is such a cool feel.. I guess less sensations when i do it more softly....I'm working on my heel side so it gets as quick and fast ( i get bruises on the side of chest from going too strong on frontside when there is small bumps)

Now going down is achieved by going down while the board is still going horizontally, uphill even.. you jump down, push the board and lay it on edge, this will make the edge hold and yourself turn !!

Cheers
and good luck ;)
nils