I hate you guys

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Trip43065
Rank 0
Rank 0

I hate you guys

Post by Trip43065 » Monday 17 February 2003, 17:50

After years of mastering my race carving style I hit your site and realize I'm still in first gear!!!

Result: I throw away my cants, change my stance and spend a few weeks landing on my head!

Well, I'm happy to report that things are coming around. I'm now making nice linked turns in the freeride style and racer style, but not extreme carving yet. At this point I'm having a blast, but still have much to learn. Thanks for all the great info.

I'm currently on a Proton gs168, stance angles are above 60. I love this board, but my turns are still wide and I'm also finding it's limits when I really lay into a freecarve turn. Board starts to skid form tip to tail. Also tried a K2 Eldorado 174 with hardboots at 45/55deg. I loved it and can see what you guys are onto, but also found it's limits. I think I need more lenght and stiffness. Most of my riding is on a small local hill so I'm trying to tighten up my turns.

Any board suggesions given a 215lb 5'10" rider? Anyone familiar with the Oxygen FR 169? I saw one advertised without any specs.

Yes, I realize one of your new boards would be perfect.

Thanks again for what you've done for the sport,

Trip