Quick time / Win Media Player conversion, is this possible?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

prydenr54
Rank 1
Rank 1

Quick time / Win Media Player conversion, is this possible?

Post by prydenr54 » Tuesday 11 February 2003, 21:38

Hi guys !!

Last week I've been riding La Plagne. Excellent conditions, plenty of fresh snow so after 4 days of freeriding I took my F2 Speedster and started carving again. By the way: thnx 4 the advice and tips you gave on your website about the set up of my carving blade ! These really helped me a lot. Carves are getting lower and lower but there's still a lot to improve.

In this week a friend of mine took some movies with my digicam. My camera, type Olympus 220 zoom takes movies of max 15 seconds in the Quick time Player format. My problem is that I want to convert them into a Windows Media player format. I noticed you also had the 2 formats on your web site.

My cam is a simple 2.0 mp one with a shutter time of 1/30 sec. For snowboarding it's way too slow to make really good pics. Could you give me some info of the cam you use or is there sum1 else taking advanced pics ?

Supposing you made the film (Xtremedreamer) and the instruction movies with the same camera, I got the next question: Can you give a description of the way you made the conversion, or maybe the kind of software you used ? Or maybe a link to a website where this conversion is discussed ? This will help a lot.

Bob
Carving makes the world go round !!

cmachine
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cmachine » Tuesday 11 February 2003, 21:45

Hi

Almost any video processing software is able to convert movies to the most used formats.

:) Olaf :)

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

video editing

Post by nils » Tuesday 11 February 2003, 22:32

pics are done using a sony 2 or 3 mp cam, videos using a miniDV cam ( canon i think)
editing was done on Imovie (apple) for extremecarving, and extremedreamer was edited with vegas video 3 (simple too and easy )

if you could get your hands on the software called cleaner 5 or 6 its a really cool tool for converting video formats... not sure if it works with PC thu....
Quicktime pro version also converts into most formats

n.