binding angle question

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Thursday 9 August 2007, 14:44

codighel wrote:that would be great....i hope it is not 14 wide !if it was 18 I WANT IT !!let me know if you have news :wink:
Defintely more than 14. I would bet that width will be something round 17cm. On my opinion a Cyborg Style Board doesn't make sense in the extreme series.

Otherwise: Does the extreme series make sense at all?
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 9 August 2007, 15:17

Well, post this question to Frank.... ;-) it definetely makes sense for him as he gets paid more for those ;-)

There must be some benefit in that structure on the top of the board, by the look one could say it prevents the board from twisting hence provides more edge grip.

Even F2 stole the idea and created Conshox, right? ;-)

But does it really make that big of a difference? I do not know, but if someone gets me a Zylon Gladiator 175 without the superstructure that the Extreme Series has or an ME109 in Extreme Series I am willing to testride them and report ;-)

For fairness I copied here what Frank says about the Extreme Series:

"The center pieces of the VIRUS product range are the alpine models of the extreme series, which embody the pinnacle of the technical possibilities in snowboard development. Each model is computer-developed and painstakingly handcrafted in more than 20 hours with only the very finest materials. The three-dimensionally shaped top decks with their load and flex optimized profile grace all five models with absolutely incredible carving qualities, extreme smoothness and mega edge hold at optimum agility."

Cheers

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Thursday 9 August 2007, 15:30

Was Nitro 3D CAM first board where they tried to have some topsheet shape to handle board dampness?

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Thursday 9 August 2007, 15:58

pokkis wrote:Was Nitro 3D CAM first board where they tried to have some topsheet shape to handle board dampness?
I've had a Cam in 1998. It worked quite well but was "through" very fast. Absolutely no comparison to the Virus Extreme boards. I don't know where the benefit is, but I have paid a lot for it. Therefore there must be a big benefit. 8)
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Thursday 9 August 2007, 17:14

Pogokoenig, I like that sort of argumentation! I think I also feel the difference, especially after paying the price of the Zylon.... twice as I broke the first one....

Again, to be fair to Frank, he gave me nice discounts both times.

Cheers

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

....get ready.....bang !!!!

Post by codighel » Thursday 9 August 2007, 19:50

ok guys,now brace yourself....i could not wait anymore,i asked directly to Frank about the voice heard in the last days and the answer is :...........................Berserker 183 !!! this gonna add to Extreme serie !!! :P :P :P

Hans
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ....get ready.....bang !!!!

Post by Hans » Thursday 9 August 2007, 20:21

codighel wrote:ok guys,now brace yourself....i could not wait anymore,i asked directly to Frank about the voice heard in the last days and the answer is :...........................Berserker 183 !!! this gonna add to Extreme serie !!! :P :P :P
So no rumours but reality. Anxious to hear if this will be the first board in titanal in the Extreme series. Specs?

(Berserker means norwegian warrior)

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Friday 10 August 2007, 0:00

...Specs ??!
..you're asking too much,for now the only details i have is that the jewel is 183,i'm still waiting for Frank's reply abour widht...will see.i will inform you as soon as i can :wink:

i guess that "Berserker" is more something like ballbreaker,or the one who ruins parties...

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ....get ready.....bang !!!!

Post by Pogokoenig » Friday 10 August 2007, 8:50

Hans wrote:
codighel wrote:ok guys,now brace yourself....i could not wait anymore,i asked directly to Frank about the voice heard in the last days and the answer is :...........................Berserker 183 !!! this gonna add to Extreme serie !!! :P :P :P
So no rumours but reality. Anxious to hear if this will be the first board in titanal in the Extreme series. Specs?

(Berserker means norwegian warrior)
Don't think that this will be a Titanal board. Titanial is to dump and takes reactivty from the board. All of the Extreme-Series boards are extremely reactive and very sensible to the riders impulse. My experience in titanal is, that those boards are very glooey and calm - quite the opposite of a gladiator or a stealth.

www.carving-masters.de

frunobulax
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by frunobulax » Friday 10 August 2007, 10:48

Berserker? Is it possible he named it after you, Pogokönig?

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 10 August 2007, 11:01

One reason why (most current) Titanal boards are over damped is that they are mainly built for racing, and there it is ultimate target to have board very damped and forgiving.
There are few Titanal ones also build for carving purposes. But main purpose of using it on board is making it behaving more gently. Totally opposite than building pure carbon board :wink:

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Friday 10 August 2007, 11:29

frunobulax wrote:Berserker? Is it possible he named it after you, Pogokönig?
Maybe! :D I will ask him, what he thinks of paying some brand charges to me. If he pays enough, i will allow to print my bautiful face on the baord insetad of the sun.

@Pokkis: You are right. But the Titanal carving boards provide a smooth and comfortable riding feeling. That is not what you get with a Virus board in the extreme series.
:twisted:

www.carving-masters.de

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Friday 10 August 2007, 11:38

Pogokoenig wrote:@Pokkis: You are right. But the Titanal carving boards provide a smooth and comfortable riding feeling. That is not what you get with a Virus board in the extreme series.
:twisted:
yes, i know very well how smooth and comfy Titanal boards are :wink:
As smooth as Tinklers, but still different 8)

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Friday 10 August 2007, 13:55

I would still say that the Gladiator Zylon from the Extreme Series gives a comfy feeling of a limousine while travelling through moguls, soft snow and ice.... of course, once you start pushing it the game begins.... ;-)

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Berserker

Post by István » Friday 10 August 2007, 14:00

Does this look like a Virus board?
Attachments
Louis-Moe_berserker_kongshallen_1898.jpg
Louis-Moe_berserker_kongshallen_1898.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 10885 times