binding angle question

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 6 August 2007, 10:18

I have not heard anything, maybe Skywaker, the famous Virus spy knows something....

If a longer gladiator is your dream than you might want to talk to Frank if he can manufacture it for you on a full custom basis. Why do you need a longer one by the way?

There is also a board I am keen on testing.... but I cannot reveal the name of that in this forum, it would be unpolite.... but it is wide and shiny ;-)

November 1, Sölden is the place to test anything you might want to buy later on.

Cheers

Kindest

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Monday 6 August 2007, 10:58

István wrote:November 1, Sölden is the place to test anything you might want to buy later on.
Tell me more about November 1st !! i would be also interested to get snow under my new board, except if there will be megalomanic crowd.

codighel
If you are after longer board, you should perhaps think also for Tinkler option :wink: i can provide more info if interested.

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 6 August 2007, 12:28

Sölden Snowboard opening appears to be Oktober 31st to November 4th this year (including Hungarian championships ;))

http://www.soelden.com/main/DE/WI/newse ... =main.html
skywalker
free extreme carving

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 6 August 2007, 13:27

Pokkis, well, frankly it is crowded and snow condition / weather is kinda unpredictable.... but this is our regular season opening!

The steeper parts are typically less crowded, so let's pray :pray:

Do not expect too much from the Hungarian championship, do only good thing about that is that typically there are many girls coming and show up in the clubs during the night... ;-)

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Monday 6 August 2007, 13:55

István wrote:Do not expect too much from the Hungarian championship, do only good think about that is that typically there are many girls coming and show up in the clubs during the night... ;-)
What else might one expect? :roll:

skywalker
free extreme carving

Ironmike
Rank 4
Rank 4

Decisions

Post by Ironmike » Monday 6 August 2007, 14:21

One of man's hardest decisions:

EC in the daytime or GIRLS in the nighttime??

Maybe both would be best?!
Swoard 2D 3rd Gen 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Raichle 423
F2 Silberpfeil 162 + F2 Intec Titanium + Raichle 125

Alex

Post by Alex » Monday 6 August 2007, 15:10

both is the best...EC to impress the GIRL during daytime so in the night the work is simpler 8)
Swoard PRO 168M 00001, 3G 168H
F2 Race Titanium
UPZ RC10, UPZ ATB

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Monday 6 August 2007, 16:21

Well Tom, it depends on the impression you make on those girls, what is guaranteed is the quality of the offering.... anyone that has ever been to Hungary will confirm that the quality is way beyond the EU average... ;-)

Typically there is a big party in one of the clubs where all the cuties show up. 2 yrs ago it was in the Freizeit Arena, last year it was in the Fire & Ice.

Also expect a big showroom of cars ;-) 2 yrs ago 2 German guys asked me during the party if Hungary was a very rich country. First I did not understand the question, but then I realized that they asked it because of the Hungarian plate car park of BMWs, MBs, Porsches...

The reason for that is quite simple: Sölden is pretty far from Budapest compared to other Austrian resorts, it is more expensive than the rest, plus on top of that there is the SB Championship, so all yuppies go there to show off ;-)

So to answer your question in one sentence: on top of girls you can expect a big party and many Hungarians that are only there to show what they got ;-)

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Monday 6 August 2007, 19:50

István wrote:I have not heard anything, maybe Skywaker, the famous Virus spy knows something....

If a longer gladiator is your dream than you might want to talk to Frank if he can manufacture it for you on a full custom basis. Why do you need a longer one by the way?

There is also a board I am keen on testing.... but I cannot reveal the name of that in this forum, it would be unpolite.... but it is wide and shiny ;-)

November 1, Sölden is the place to test anything you might want to buy later on.
:D that surely be a great chance to meet new friends and enjoy the sport we love.
I might arrive for the last two days,but should be enought to test the boards.
the reason because i'd like there was a longer GLADIATOR is basically because i like that board but i'm afraid it's a little bit short a narrow for the boards i use to ride.
so,if the new season will take a GLADI 182 and 18 center width that might be my board :D anyway,will see in Solden,who knows there are other news!!

Cheers

joemzl
Location: where Varus died in Germany // above you see, why I came to snowboarding: the Vitelli Turn

Post by joemzl » Monday 6 August 2007, 22:14

Hi István,

don´t worry about the impression Tom will make on the girls. 8)
Is there a waterslide contest too? He is a waterslide contest expert. Next time he will take part in a t-shirt and shorts. :lol:
All the girls will queue up to get an autograph from that wet t-shirt-man.
Extreme Dreamer every night

Swoard Pro 175M +Race Ti Flex, Plasma CE185/17, Swoard Stoke 162M

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 7 August 2007, 9:18

Maybe not a waterslide contest, but there is some sort of Aquarena if my memory does not fail... there one can impress the audience with water performance and ripped muscle ;-)

skywalker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skywalker » Tuesday 7 August 2007, 11:26

Alex wrote:both is the best...EC to impress the GIRL during daytime so in the night the work is simpler 8)
So this is again the usual hardbooter problem. If you do a good job at nicght, there should be no need for impressing girls on daytime :wink:
free extreme carving

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by István » Tuesday 7 August 2007, 17:15

Well Tom, there is an other angle to this topic: I am not necessarily too good at any of these, but I enjoy both of them pretty much ;-) what else matters? ;-)

Pogokoenig
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Pogokoenig » Thursday 9 August 2007, 11:32

Who? What? When? Hungarian Girls in the Fire & Ice?

I'll be there.

As far as I know, it is more than a rumour, that Frank is planning a 182 board in the extreme series.
Virus Berserker Zylon, Pogo Blitz, Rad Air Tanker 182, Burton Johann, Elho Freestyle Overall und nen Son of Hibachi - Wer als Handkäs geborn iss, werd sei lebtach kaan Gorgonzola - Oma Hesselbach

www.carving-masters.de

codighel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by codighel » Thursday 9 August 2007, 12:48

that would be great....i hope it is not 14 wide !if it was 18 I WANT IT !!let me know if you have news :wink: