Carver hotspots in Switzerland?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

MennoB
Rank 4
Rank 4

Carver hotspots in Switzerland?

Post by MennoB » Saturday 1 February 2003, 16:30

Are there any resorts in Switzerland where the proportion of hardbooters, carvers, EC-ers is higher than average?

In what resorts do carvers concentrate in Switzerland?

AFAIK, the SWOARD was tested in Verbier, on Savoleyres.

Also, where is the snowboarding school located where the EC technique was developed? Above average proportion of hardbooters there?

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

depends

Post by nils » Saturday 1 February 2003, 16:50

its true that verbier is the resort where i spend most week ends, and savoleyres ( small area within the resort ) has a nice slalom place where i usually carve too...J and P ride somewhere else too..

There is no concentration of carvers really, it just depends on luck :)
I'll be in Verbier in most march week ends for those who come there I'll be on the swoard :)

nils

carversau
Rank 2
Rank 2

Kaunertal

Post by carversau » Wednesday 5 March 2003, 9:37

Kaunertal is probably the biggest Carving-Spot around. Yes, this is austria, but just a short drive from switzerland ...

Check the Trips of pureboarding ... they go out there 2-3 times in autom and spring ...

pokkis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by pokkis » Wednesday 5 March 2003, 12:39

Kaunertal can be biggest spot on some sense, but just to remind that it is very small resort anyway so people dont get wron impression of what means "big" here :D

carversau
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by carversau » Wednesday 5 March 2003, 13:11

pokkis wrote:Kaunertal can be biggest spot on some sense, but just to remind that it is very small resort anyway so people dont get wron impression of what means "big" here :D
Yes pokkis ... you're right ... Kauni is absolutly not big. It has 2 chairs and 3 T-Bar Lifts (If I rememer correctly). That is small ...
But I guess, the first question was,
MennoB wrote:proportion of
hardbooters, carvers, EC-ers is higher than average?
And this is Kaunertal definitive ....

Big in Switzerland are Klosters/Davos (my favorit) or Laax/Flims/Fallera or St. Moritz or Lenzerheide just to count some in the Graubünden with Lifts from 30 to 60 ... They are BIG and EXPENSIVE !!! :?
Checkout http://www.schneenews.ch/default.asp?mo ... ion=4&ID=4 for Lifts and prices ....