Kessler?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Chris Houghton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Kessler?

Post by Chris Houghton » Friday 17 March 2006, 0:25

I am ready to order, but am still a bit concerned about stories of poor durability, or that the board is too fragile. Does anyone have any information that would help me to decide, is Kessler the board for me? :?: 8O

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Chris

Post by nils » Friday 17 March 2006, 8:54

Kessler are very nice and good boards, but indeed titanal boards are not as strong than a traditional lets say virus or pogo or swoard :). It means shock resistance is weaker. I talked to aluflex once about durability and they told me that the lack of fiberglass ( the titanal is acting as fiberglass) sometimes makes it weaker in certain particular situations ( huge stresses etc)

If you are carving and taking care of the boards, i'm sure a kessler can last for many years!..I'm however wondering if so much money would not be spent wiserely in a traditional high end construcion ( zylon, carbon etc).. except if you intend to race, where the kessler excel impressively... well i would do that if it was me ( zylon vs kessler)

Nils

Chris Houghton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Kessler!

Post by Chris Houghton » Friday 17 March 2006, 11:55

Nils, thank you for your thoughts. I have a Virus Gladiator in carbon, and have ridden the Zylon version. The Virus Vampire (Titanal topsheet) I thought was a nicer ride than either the carbon or zylon Viruses, that's what started me thinking about Titanal and then of course the most well known user of that material, Kessler. So maybe a Titanal Virus WCR 80? But I am still interested in Kessler.