Swoard ECS 2016 - 13th session: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Swoard ECS 2016 - 13th session: Feedback, pictures, etc.

Post by Swoard team » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 8:33

tali wrote:
Swoard team wrote: :arrow: The dates of the Swoard ECS 2017 should be as always at the end of January! Thus the 14th ExtremeCarving Session should take place from Jan 29th to 31st, 2017 !
Isn't it from Jan 28th to 30th, 2017? :?
Yes, that's right! :D We corrected the first message of the thread. Thanks!

The Swoard team

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 9:14

yomama wrote:For the youtube film, I have a question: what is this Swoard binding at 1:50?
Where can I find the link on that binding?
You mean the slideshow (on YouTube)? The "real" film is going to be published very soon.
You see all details! ;-)
This is the total new bindings by Swoard which is available in presale only for now. We made a very small series for the team, friends and people who write us directly.

There is a thread about these bindings in French there.
As said:
fivat wrote:The goal is not to make mass sales, as we just produced a small series.
In addition we make very small margin, because we just want:
1) decent price for high-end CNC bindings
2) the best system matching to our boards & technique (what doesn't exclude racing).
More details are given on this link in French.
We will translate in English when we will make additional bindings. All the first owners love them and don't want to use their preceding bindings any more. 8O
We should open a thread for the feedbacks.

Patrice Fivat

olive
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by olive » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 13:43

This session, my 11th, was definitely the best one I can remember.

On Saturday the slopes were just perfect, well groomed hard-packed snow which resisted very well our trench-digging boards. Being a smaller group (less people come to Zinal due to the rising success of the Swoard Demo Tour) was good too, slopes were less crowded.

The photographers Christian and Lionel did an incredible job taking great pictures of the participants. And I still can't believe how hard they worked (as did Mustafa for the movie) to show the result at the Saturday dinner.

Many thanks to the organizers, especially Patrice who does the biggest part of the work! :clap: :clap2: :clap3: :pray2:

Olivier
Swoard EC Pro2 168H
Swell Panik Magistral 185

Surfing is life, the rest is details

knick
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by knick » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 17:31

Thank you guys for the great event again. I am looking forward to ECS 2017!

Keep it up!

Elias
Board: Swoard 168M Gen4
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv48M4K_KDPSHqza66fzvOQ

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by fivat » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 19:08

I often ride with Julien, but I had never noticed that he uses his tongue for extremecarving!

The ECS 2016 has revealed this detail. ;-)

Patrice Fivat
Attachments
Julien_EC_tongue.jpg
Julien_EC_tongue.jpg (71.77 KiB) Viewed 16829 times

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 21:29

hahahaha

love the reflection in his goggle also :P 8O :P
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

l-ju
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by l-ju » Tuesday 9 February 2016, 22:41

Hey Guys,

What a session we had !!!
As usual it was a great time shared with old friends and new comers.
We have been very lucky with snow & sun conditions and it was most probably the best days of the season so far (isn't it Mister President ?) . Friday was also incredible even if the french buddy crew (Blitz, Benji, François, Romain...) wasn't here to warm up the slopes for the week-end.... guys next year we need you, it was a bit empty on slopes.

I'm more & more impressed by the progresses done by the ones who took courses during the previous sessions, we can see that you guys have digested the tips & advises... and you worked a lot to achieve what you are able to do now.
Just have a look on the pictures & video from Elias, Pierre, Mark.... so impressive.

Another time 1 perfect day EC & 80cm fresh powder + sunny conditions. What can we expect more ? For next year please guys you have to remember, that weather forecast aren't reliable after 3 days so... soft boots and Dual are mandatory in your pack (and don't miss safety devices too) Aurelien.... you have to trust the ones who know ;-)

Thank to Christian & Lionel for their hard work and the great pictures we have. I've also been very impressed by the job done by Mustapha who proposed a new vision of the event with interesting shooting views.
Finally thank to slopes preparation team from Zinal who managed to offer perfect groomed slopes on Saturday. Friday the Bathé was a bit too technical but it was just perfect on Saturday for the meeting and shooting.

Thank Patrice for highlighting my trend to lap up the snow in turns... not sure if it's flattering. I'll not give your own secret here.

Cheers,

Julien

PS: Last but not least... thank you vieille prune. ;-) who supported some of us during cloudy Sunday.
Swoard 168 M

Le Fanfoué
Swoard team
Swoard team

Post by Le Fanfoué » Wednesday 10 February 2016, 18:30

Hi,
My little video on monday morning, freeriding on ours Duals.

Not exeptionnal, but we can see someting, it's sportcam work :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCdMKbWNTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2AP9_ ... e=youtu.be

Version HD, ready only tonight :
http://www.bmw.le-fanfoué.net/500%20%20Swoard.html

A+
Fanfoué

Roelh
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roelh » Wednesday 10 February 2016, 19:19

Great movie, love it!
Just do it, enjoy!

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Teaser - Film of the 13th ExtremeCarving Session

Post by Swoard team » Thursday 11 February 2016, 17:32

Enjoy this teaser!

Tomorrow the long version will be released! :D

The Swoard team

Capykiller
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Teaser - Film of the 13th ExtremeCarving Session

Post by Capykiller » Thursday 11 February 2016, 19:11

Reals looking forward :bravo:
SWOARD Extremecarver Pro 2 168H, SWOARD Bindung Redline, SWOARD UPZ EC 12

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by manuchill » Thursday 11 February 2016, 21:08

w000000000000000000000000

the addition of the drone it's absolutely magnificent, such beautiful footage
can't wait till the end result
SWOARD EC Pro 175H + F2 Race Titanium + Head Stratos Pro with ACSS attached personally by Arnaud ;)

tali

Post by tali » Friday 12 February 2016, 16:19

"TEASED" would be another great name for an extremecarving video! 8)

Swoard team
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Swoard team » Friday 12 February 2016, 20:09

Here is the film! 8)

:arrow: link to YouTube

It was shot on Saturday morning, cut in the afternoon and screened during the dinner!
Congratulations to Mustafa! :clap3:

All the links are updated in the first message of this thread.
Enjoy watching pictures, slideshow and film. Join us at next events! :D

Thank you for all the great moments we shared! :bravo:

The Swoard team

manuchill
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Film of the 13th ExtremeCarving Session

Post by manuchill » Monday 15 February 2016, 14:19

I think we all can conclude that the video of this years is absolutely stunning.
Accompanied with excellent photography of Christian and Lionel, we have some very nice reference material at our disposal.

Let's take a step back and rethink on why this is such valuable media, not just to us but for everyone.
This way we have the opportunity to critically look at ourselves and see the good things but also the things we can progress at.
This perfectly hooks into one of the core values of all the Extreme carving sessions: by spending time together and doing the thing we love and being open to help and criticism, we are able to progress faster.
This isn't something new I'm saying here. If I recall correctly Patrice or any other of the Swoard instructors are saying for the past years that overall technique of the participants is progressing more and more.
The absolutely added benefit of having these videos and pictures at our disposal is by far of course that we can recheck and re-view over and over again.

The session is just a few days a year and not everybody can attend every session, but the digital media remains timeless available.
Aside from focusing on your own progress, it's also perfect material to look at how others are doing.
Play, pause, scroll back, play, pause, scroll back, play at half the speed….. I think you understand what I'm saying ;)
As you see here it can be a valuable addition as lesson material next to all the work the Swoard instructors still do and have been doing the past years.

Just like the participants are progressing, the media of this year is following the same path.
We've always had some available, yet compared to this year it now exceeds the expectation of the past years. The organization did a great job on finding the people and convincing them to make this footage. A perfect example of the progress in the video for instance, is of course the addition of the drone with it's beautiful bird-eye view of the slope with the carvers and the scenery.

I think we all get the point here, right?
Just like every ingredient I've touched here above, progressing in the community is a bit falling behind but we and you in particular can fix that.
You've seen all the awesome stuff, share it via any social media platform to spread the word. For sure other people will get interested in what we do with our Swoard boards.
Please note I'm not in anyway connected to Swoard or part of the organization, this is just a proposal from me as a longtime enthusiast of extreme carving and I can't think of doing anything else than carving down the slopes on my Swoard ;)
I've seen quite some new faces this year, so small progress has been made here already.
Direct other enthusiasts to the forum to help them familiarize the technique and the used material. Don't be shy to ask questions, that is what the forum is for. Normally social media isn't the right place to have extensive conversations, yet can be a perfect starting point from a simple question on let's say Facebook to follow up on the forum with the help of the video and/or images.

You know my take on all of this, now it's your turn and let me and in particular the organization know what your findings/opinion is.
It would be a shame if it were to stop here right? We're getting close to 15 years of ECS and that should be and is a hell of an achievement so let's help each other out, not just ourselves but Swoard also.