VIDEOS of the 2015 edition Zinal: YouTube film and download Peyragudes: YouTube film and download
PREVIOUS EVENTS here in the YouTube channel.
We are very excited to announce here the dates of the "Swoard Demo Tour 2016". This "Tour" includes of course the main event "ExtremeCarving Session (ECS)" (13th edition) and four other smaller meetings (in resorts we have "certified for EC"). "Demo" does not only mean that the participants can test Swoard boards, but also that they can watch demonstrations of extremecarving by the Swoard team (the founders and Swoard instructors).
- 12-13 December 2015: Hintertux (Austria, very close to Germany and Italy) > details and registration here
- 16-17 January 2016: Peyragudes (Pyrenees, France) > details and registration here
- 30 January - 1 February 2016: Zinal (Valais, Switzerland) - MAIN EVENT - 13th SWOARD ExtremeCarving Session > details and registration here
Book your hotel or apartment as soon as possible, in Zinal or Grimentz (both resorts are linked by a gondola now) accommodation
- 5-6 March 2016: Pila (Aosta, Italy) > details and registration here
- 19-20 March 2016: Courchevel (France) > details and registration here
Free lessons or advices are given to explain the ride technique we have developed from 1995 to 2001. This technique, easily identifiable, is especially adapted to the width and other specificities of the SWOARD Extremecarver Gen4, the snowboard that inspired extremecarving. The words "rotation", "push-pull", "fluidity" and "gesture purity" will be part of your vocabulary. Advices on the settings of bindings and boots are also provided to fully benefit from all the advantages of the SWOARD snowboards.
At least 2-3 Swoard instructors will be present at each event. The Swoard team will be complete with 6 instructors during the main event "ExtremeCarving Session" in Zinal.
The model SWOARD Dual will also be available. Therefore the riders in soft boots are welcome!
The new third model, SWOARD Extremecarver Pro, is made in limited series by hand (in 3 sizes and 5 flexes): thus it is not available as demo board. But it will be presented at the stand with the totally new SWOARD Redline bindings, which people will talk about! The Gen4 is still an amazing board for the riders who want to progress in carving and EC during the events, from beginner to expert.
Participate in the "2nd Swoard Film Contest". Shoot some good sequences during two seasons, with one or several Extremecarver (or DUAL) in action, for editing a nice film before 2017. The deadline for participation is 14th January 2017. The films of the winners will be screened during the Saturday dinner of the Swoard ECS 2017 in Zinal. There are 3 boards to win
The Swoard team
Big thanks to all the people who are now also part of the Swoard team:
- the Swoard EC instructors: Arnaud, Alex, Frabass, Anthony, Julien, Sébastien, Oleg, Petr and Abrax
- the staff in organization: Arnaud, Alex, François (= Le Fanfoué), Sébastien and Petr
- the staff in backstage: Joël, Tali, Jörg, Francesco and the Forum moderators
- the numerous volunteers helping us in the stands (they will be listed after the ECS).
Without your help and passion, those events would not be possible since 13 years. We believe that this is contributing to make alpine snowboarding more visible in Europe and in the world, what is good for the future of our sport.