Where are you from?

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

Where do you live?

France
14%
Switzerland
11%
Germany
12%
Netherlands
6%
Belgium
3%
Austria
2%
Spain
1%
Italy
3%
Norway
1%
Finland
7%
Sweden
1%
Baltic states
3%
Rest of europe
8%
Russia
3%
USA
13%
Canada
4%
Rest of americas
No votes
Japan
3%
Korea
2%
Rest of Asia
1%
Oceania ( Australia and NZ)
No votes
Rest of the world
No votes
UK ( forgot UK dammit :)
1%

Total votes: 139

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

Where are you from?

Post by nils » Thursday 9 December 2004, 23:09

Ok time for a small poll so we know who is coming on this site! Also curious about how many korean carvers will end up answering since they are HUGE on the stats of the server !

Nils

Daneille
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Daneille » Friday 10 December 2004, 3:46

USA for me. Reno, Nevada to be exact.
Daneille

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Central Eastern Europe

Post by István » Friday 10 December 2004, 6:20

Nils,

I'm not saying that Hungary is the center of the world, but at least you should have put CEU into the options.

'Rest of Europe' sounds a bit shitty....

Kindest,

Istvan

drcr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by drcr » Friday 10 December 2004, 6:49

South-east USA here. Right now I'm limited to WV slopes (i.e. narrow and crowded). :?

DrCR
_________

Jakob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jakob » Friday 10 December 2004, 7:54

I'm stuck in "the rest of Europe" as Istvan. Actually, me and Istvan are neighbours, because I come from Slovenia!

By,

Jakob
Element - water.

fivat
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Re: Where are you from?

Post by fivat » Friday 10 December 2004, 11:04

nils wrote:Also curious about how many korean carvers will end up answering since they are HUGE on the stats of the server !
The videos are downloaded a lot from Japan too. But it's interesting to note that these visitors don't check the Web pages: it shows that most of them can't read English (and they won't vote here). We should translate in Japanese ;-)

Patrice Fivat

Benn
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Benn » Friday 10 December 2004, 11:20

Not sure thay can't read the site ...
(i work with many japanese people and they all speak english pretty well ... but with an awful accent!!!)

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Friday 10 December 2004, 13:38

Interesting poll.

Harderwijk says hello. Glad to see on the forum that The Dutch Mountains are represented!

Anyway:
fivat wrote:We should translate in Japanese
So Patrice, it seems you´re a very ambitions man :wink:

Good luck

nils
Swoard founder
Swoard founder

apologies

Post by nils » Friday 10 December 2004, 13:46

since i could not list all available countries, apologies to our fellow slovenians, hungarians, croatians, slovaquians, czechs and other central europe locations :)..

When there is more answer we can still create a central europe poll :) so we know exactly where is everyone from!!

Nils

eaglefly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by eaglefly » Friday 10 December 2004, 14:25

I live in the 'rest of Asia', which answers the question 'where do u live' but i'm french... 8)
I dont know for koreans but for japanese downloading the video, i guess it might be because of the link of extremecarving.com appearing in the website www.carvingmachine.com (see links section), who knows?; i'll check later if they speak about you if you want; I did learn japanese but in a previous decade... :cry:
cheers
* * * "Carve diem, that's it " * * *

István
Rank 5
Rank 5

Slovenia

Post by István » Friday 10 December 2004, 16:02

Yes indeed Jakob, we are neighbours. And I know a couple of pretty Slovenian girls... :-)

Just for the others who don't know: Slovenia is a very nice country with good places for rafting and hiking (maybe boarding, too), they are very kind and modern people, also neighbours with Italy and Austria (lucky you, Moeltall is an hour of driving for you). I think the population is less than 2 million, the country is about 20,000 square meters and the GDP per capita is pretty high due to the high level of income from tourism and the small population.

I hope I'm more or less right, the point is that it's a lovely place.

Cheers,

István

Benn
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Benn » Friday 10 December 2004, 16:21

Beautiful country, lots of pretty girls and Extreme Carvers ... Slovenia sounds like eastern paradise! I'm sure i love it :evil2:

Rietzschel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rietzschel » Friday 10 December 2004, 21:07

Hi Jakob,

Where do you board in Slovenija...

I´ve been in the Krvavec area near Kamnik, both on board as on bike. And yes its really nice there.
First time I was there was Christmas 1997. They had little 2 persons eggcabins and my Burton 168 FP didn´t fit in :D It was stuck out for about 10 cm after closing the doors. It was like going back for 20 years in time. I had a really good time and hope it will stay as it is :pray:

Greetz

Malecky
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Malecky » Sunday 12 December 2004, 18:08

I'm from Slovenia too.

Well the slopes are very crowded in Slovenia and cannot recommend them on a site like this so...no :roll:

well...atleast we have nice lookin girls :roll:

I do my riding in Flachau and Corvara Italy.

Can Austrians recommend me a good, cheap spot for carving?

Thx

Jakob
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jakob » Monday 13 December 2004, 9:14

Hi!

Wow, I'm glad that so many know Slovenia as tha wasn't the case 3-4 years ago! Yeah, Krvavec is a good spot for snowboarding, unfortunately not as big as I'd want it to be and during weekends it could be overcrowded, but nevertheless... If you come early on a sunny day, you can get out the most of it in intense 2 hours and then adjust to the crowds. It's still quite alright to carve later on, one just needs to be patient and wait for a couple of minutse for the slope to clear.
Btw, they got new egglift, so it has a bit more room and you stick your board outside. Slovenia has a few other nice places to ride, small but nice landscape. Not that perfect for carving, but with a bit of an effort one can manage it :wink:

Istvan: Yeah, I'm sure you know some pretty girls from Slovenia :wink:
As for the Moeltall - unfortunately it is a bit more than an hour drive, but still, not that far. And another thing - I don't know how much snow there is on Gerlitzen and what the weather will be like, but I'll try to come there on sunday. As I understand it you'll be there? Anyhow, we'll have a chance to chat in Zinal as well, I look forward to it.

Bye,

Jakob
Element - water.