Technique and Equipment

Various topics, technical questions, announcements, events, resorts, ...

Moderators: fivat, rilliet, Arnaud, nils

patmoore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Race board vs. EC board

Post by patmoore » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 16:57

I think I'm beginning to understand the difference. My GS board works well for running gates with more of a counter-rotation approach (like with my GS skis - upper body away from the gate on turns) but the EC board functions best when rotating in the direction of the turn. I guess I shouldn't be concerned that my GS board doesn't allow me to layout those cool turns like you guys.

Pat

rilliet
Swoard & EC founder
Swoard & EC founder

Post by rilliet » Wednesday 8 October 2003, 20:26

Is it optical phenomen or just setup issue but it looks that on Scott binding are raelly set up much more backwards ??
Yes, the bindings are not centered on the Scott. This makes the backside heel edge much shorter that the backside nose edge. But I noticed too that the flex and torsion of the back of the board (from the rear foot to the tail) were both softer than the front (from the front foot to the nose).
As a result, the rear is weeker than the front, especially in backside.
I think I'm beginning to understand the difference. My GS board works well for running gates with more of a counter-rotation approach (like with my GS skis - upper body away from the gate on turns) but the EC board functions best when rotating in the direction of the turn. I guess I shouldn't be concerned that my GS board doesn't allow me to layout those cool turns like you guys.

You are right Pat.

Jacques